sarah's 3 on friday and i think we've cracked it lol!

Options
suzster
suzster Member Posts: 1,328
edited 18. Jan 2010, 10:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
sorry all, but something good has come from being stuck in my house since last tuesday, sarah is on day 3 of potty training and she's doing so well. bless her i don't have to ask her to go, she just runs off shouting "i'm going wee now mummy" takes herself in the bathroom, does her wee, then calls me, "done wee now mummy, help me wash hands please?"
she will be 3 on friday and i was worrying because she has always point blank refused to use the potty, but i don't want to tempt fate, but apart from no.2's (sorry!) she has the potty sorted!
sue (very proud mummy!!)

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Sarah....................and you to.........

Must be a relief for you.................sorry..........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    That is great news Suzster.With arthritis anything the kids can do by themselves is a great help.My boy was in nappies until 8 although he could change himself if he really wanted to and daughter until 4(cos of the stomach probs) and already at school.At the start of summer holiday we just didnt buy anymore until they had to deal with it and within a week they both were sorted.And had the whole 6 week hols to get used to it.
    Still have loads of mess to clear up here and there!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzster
    Options
    i managed to get her out of her cot just before christmas, another thing she didn't want to give up without a fight!
    only thing is now i kind of feel like my babies growing up, sad i know!!
    she cannot go to pre school today or tomorrow because of the snow, so it's the perfect time to try!
    sue!
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Sue,

That's great news she's all done now :-)

My eldest two were nearly 3 when they got the hang of potty training and me and hubby were close to despair because we thought they'd never get it. My youngest never looked back after wetting herself once and didn't even seem to need help!

Isn't it funny how it just "clicks" with them and then you know you don't have to worry anymore (apart from the odd accident)?

Nx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aw ,That has taken me back 30 years, to when I last potty trained my kids, give Sarah a big hug from me.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzster
    Options
    i'm just not sure how to tackle to number 2's?!
    she obviously needs one because she keeps doing little wee's, but she refuses to do it. she has asked for a nappy on, i know it's because she needs to poo!!
    at the moment i sit with her and sing nursery rhymes in the hope she might relax and just do it!!

ellie was so different, she woke up one morning when she was about 2 and a half and said "no nappy" and that was it!
    sue
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    Just leave her to it ,she will do it when she is ready, its always the wees first.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzster
    Options
    thanks barbara! it's so nice to get advice from all you lovely people!
    it's a long time since ellie was using a potty, she's 11 in a few months!
    i seem to have forgotten the basics!!
    sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

:D Bless her, its got to be so much easier for you and not so much bending. Could you pop down and train some of my employers please :wink::lol::lol:

Is she having a party and can we all come? I really have swapped my brain for a sive just now so will wish her a Happy Birthday now in case I forget Friday :roll: Luv Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Sue!
    Well done littley!!!
    Don't worry she is still your baby :D
    Good to know the snow has at least one good use eh?
    Love
    Toni xx
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Well done to you both. I'm going through the same thing with Meg and it was such a relief when she got it. Our girls are roughly the same age then. Meg was 3 in October. Unfortunately, with all the disruption over xmas she's now gone back into nappies but I'm confident that once she's happy again she'll be able to go back to the toilet. Isn't it so much easier though than having to try and deal with nappies. Once Meg used the toilet rather than the potty it got even easier as all I had to do was flush. Don't worry about poos, I think that follows on naturally as they become more confident. Meg still asks for a nappy to poo in because she's got a bowel problem and would be sat there for hours otherwise!!

Well done Sarah.
  • ninakang
    Options
    My eldest would sit on the potty like a good girl whenever she was asked to and "read" her book for ages. Then as soon as I asked her to stand up, she would wee on the floor.

I never tire of telling her this :-)

My middle one would come running in from the garden saying "wee wee! wee wee!" get all the way to the toilet or potty and then wee standing right next to it!

These are the stories I'm saving for their weddings :-)

Nx
  • suzster
    Options
    thanks all!
    and nina, you always make me smile, isn't great though that we have these stories to tell on there wedding day!
    well, a good day apart from a slight no.2 accident, but hey, she's doing really well for day 3.
    although she seems to think that no nappy also means no clothes, so i keep finding her stripping off, oh well!!
    i'm going to try to make her a birthday cake, well, make a plain sponge and ice it then decorate it with her favourite characters, the teletubbies, i'm going to try using ready made icing to make little teletubbies, wish me luck! it'll either be great or messy, or maybe both! and it may end in an emergency cake dash thursday night!
    sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Suzster.
    It sounds just like my youngest grandson who will be 3 tomorrow.
    He has got the hang of wee wees, but not the 2's. And he hasto have a nappy for going to playgroup, which they insist on, because it is not their job to potty train.
    So, you are giving negative messages to the littleones.
    You have done well, especially in this cold weather. It will all be done and dusted when the warm weather comes.
    Hoping to have any more?????????

Joy
  • ninakang
    Options
    Sue,

That cake sounds wonderful and I'm sure it will turn out great. I'm glad Sarah's nearly there - stripping off completely :-) Jassie used to just need the slightest excuse to strip all her clothes off, she's still a bit of an exhibitionist now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane :-) And don't forget to put on a separate post about how the party went - we ALL want to know, really!

Nx
  • suzster
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    Hi Suzster.
    It sounds just like my youngest grandson who will be 3 tomorrow.
    He has got the hang of wee wees, but not the 2's. And he hasto have a nappy for going to playgroup, which they insist on, because it is not their job to potty train.
    So, you are giving negative messages to the littleones.
    You have done well, especially in this cold weather. It will all be done and dusted when the warm weather comes.
    Hoping to have any more?????????

Joy
    thats awful, surely having to wear a nappy at playgroup is going to confuse him? how hard is it for them to remind him to use the toilet? that makes me cross, but a friend of mine has a daughter same age and she is just starting potty training to, but her playgroup only has toilets, no pottys, but she is to small to use the toilet, her mum asked if she could take her potty in and the playgroup said no, she should use the toilet like everyone else!
    surely it's easier to help these children?
    sorry, just makes me so angry and upset, it's health and safety gone mad again!

anyway, no more children for me, i have ellie who is nearly 11 and sarah and thats enough, always wanted a boy but i think with my RA it would be to hard to look after another baby, it was tough enough when sarah was a baby, my RA started just after she was born.

right, i guess i should think about starting this cake! i've been told that by baking the cake in a pyrex bowl i will get a hill shaped cake, so thats my 1st plan! then the little teletubbies can sit on or round the hill. not sure how i'll do making teletubbies out of icing though, my hands aren't as good as they used to be!
    sue
  • ninakang
    Options
    Sue

You can buy marzipan blocks that you just cut into shape, can't you?

Nx
  • suzster
    Options
    i've bought ready made icing which is meant to be easy, so we'll see!
    me and sarah are off to play with icing!!
    sue
  • ninakang
    Options
    I wish I was home playing with icing - I'm off to configure some data of the snow related incidents our area's been out to :-(

Swap?!

Nx
  • suzster
    Options
    if it means i get out my house i'd swap any time!
    i'm sick of the site of my house!!
    sue
  • ninakang
    Options
    Go on then, we'll swap. I haven't baked for ages - I'm not promising the cake I bake with Sarah will be any good though :-) I've never been brilliant with cakes.

And you come and work in the fire station dodging the snowballs the firemen are currently throwing. Men, I ask you.

Nx
  • suzster
    Options
    well my cake isn't fab, but it'll do lol! it burnt a bit on top, i cooked in a pyrex bowl, which i've not done before, think i put to much cake mix in because it burnt on top before it was cooked in the middle! but i rescued it by cutting the top (well bottom!) of so it just means my hill will be a bit smaller! it's meant to be the hill / dome house the teletubbies live in, so i'll just make a normal flat sponge for the hill to sit on, so it's ok!!!
    as for firemen throwing snowballs, sorry, but that sounds great, the kid in me wants to join in, the grown up in me thinks fwoarrrr! lol sorry! i know it's wrong to think such inpure thoughts lol!
    maybe they could drive down here and give me a lift to the shops? we have nothing for dinner and i'm out of chocolate, it's not looking good!!!
    sarah's happy though because the yellow cakes (she insisted on adding yellow food colouring to her cake mix!) she made are ready so she can have one for pudding after her lunch, although she doesn't want lunch yet because, in her words "i'm not quite ready for lunch yet, nearly but not quite!"
    sue
  • ninakang
    Options
    I think your cake sounds great. Such creativity! The best I can do is take the girls to Asda on their birthdays and let them choose their own cake!

The firemen have been called out now :-) They've spent the morning messing about out there while we've been stuck indoors working like chumps.

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Happy birthday to Sarah!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Options
    Happy 3rd Birthdayy Sarah!

Did someone mention cake?

Nx