help with dla decisions for child

Options
nuishka
nuishka Member Posts: 28
edited 13. Jan 2010, 03:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi all.i am new to this site.i am a mother of a jia child of 12yrs old,her name is lauren.she is currently on methetrexate injections weekly,has had cond for 5years now.i am looking for someone who knows about dla.i have had highest rate for lauren since 05.first time 3yrs second time 1yr and 1yr.i always done form myself as i believe when you are telling the truth,its easy to do.anyways,the last time i filled it in i made a mistake with the distances she could walk.which led to her dla being dropped to lower rate care,so i asked for reconsideration,they overturned it within a month,reawarded it again but only till end of the year.so i have since filled out the lovely form again,but this time asked for a doctor to visit my child,which he did,and on the day the nurses came out,and watched her being sick before and after the mtx injection.i couldnt have timed that one better eh.so the doctor report has now been recieved at dla,and is now with the decision makers,what are her chances of getting it reawarded again.this has been most stressfull all the forms the stopping and the starting of her dla and the impact that it has on other benefits that i am on.i think when the doctor saw her he believed that she was a genuine case,can anyone help. thanks lorraine :?:

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lorraine

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear lauren is suffering at such a young age. I'm sorry I can help but do post this on the Living with or Young Peoples forum, there are sadly other mums on the latter who may be able to advise and you will get more replies there.
    We can be a bit bonkers on chit chat forum but you are welcome to join in and have a laugh here when you need one. Do keep posting someone will be able to help they are lovely people here. I send a hug anyway.
    take care
    Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Lorriane

Welcome from me.

As Chris has said it might be more help on the LWA or the younger persons Forum. There have been a lot of mums with children on there.

You are most welcome if you want to relax for yourself to go on CChat Forum. This is where we go when we need to relax or have laugh.

Trisher xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hello

I'm sorry Lauren is suffering so much and they don't help with benefits either, do they? Like the others said, you should post something on the other forums to get the help you need, but it's nice to see you on here, always nice to see new faces.

And Chris? Bonkers? You speak for yourself ;-)

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry to read the probs you are experiencing. DLA form filling is another thing they throw at you as if life isnt difficult enough.
    Anyway its not just about telling the truth it is how you word the form that matters.They are clamping down nowadays and turning down claims which then have to go to appeal.
    Keep trying or get experienced CAB person to help.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein