Get Paid to Lose Weight?

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 13. Jan 2010, 06:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/2805551/Lose-2st-and-get-200-on-the-NHS.html

I can't believe what I'm reading. Will they pay people for maintaining the weight loss? What if someone just starves for a few weeks, gets the money and then buys a load of junk food with it to put the weight back on?

And will those of us not overweight who try to eat healthily and exercise regularly be paid anything for NOT costing the NHS millions?

The world's gone bonkers.

Nx

PS - Of course, the exception if those who are overweight for medical reasons, this article (and me) do not refer to them, promise. Please don't shout at me!

Comments

• margaretschild
    margaretschild Member Posts: 197
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    just another mad cap scheme, not that long ago they were sending young offenders on sailing trips.

The world has been bonkers for a long time

Have you joined the revolution?

Linda
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hey not fair!
    Some of us wont get any money :(
    I know.....put weights in me navy blue knickers...get weighed....then take them out...get wieghed again...get mONEY!!!
    How much Nina??
    Will it cover the costs of the weights???
    Toni x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    maybe its worth putting weight on.....no better not :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    PMSL you lot are so funny! I just can't believe the state of this nanny state they've created.

People who sit around all day eating are going to put on weight. They should be told "Get up, move more and eat less". Not "Here's some money to motivate you". Your health should be motivation enough! They'd be better off using the money to give people gym memberships etc.

Nx