Accidents

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 13. Jan 2010, 12:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
I had to go to the heart clinic this morning at 8.30am.
I had to dig around the car because we had almost 12 inches of snow overnight.
I crawled along, some young idiots were overtaking me which I thought was stupid in those conditions.
On the way home I saw 3 cars smashed, one a young lad must've braked and smashed into a bollard on the roundabout.
Why aren't they taught to slow down when conditions are bad?

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Was anyone hurt? Some people do drive like idiots in this weather. The main worry is that they won't just hurt themselves.

Nx
  • rondetto
    Options
    The young lad that hit the bollard was ok. The other cars had been left in the hedge I didn't see anyone by them.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    My late farther use to say to me it's not going but stopping that's the art of driving, any fool can speed.

Another saying is the loosest nut on the car is the diiot behind the wheel.

A driving instructor once said is the best safety device you can fit to a car is a 4 inch steel spike in the middle of the steering whell.

From 4 WD to ABS braking, none of it is no flippin good if you are driving on ice. you can't beat physics.
  • rondetto
    Options
    Wise man!! A lot of young drivers could do with that in their brains.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Oh Ron!
    Was hoping for a joke :(
    I need a laugh :(
    I don't reckon they really know about snow much as there hasn't been that much recently.
    Just glad you are home in one peice eh?
    Toni x
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    It snowed in Rugby again today and the driving conditions were the worst yet!!! I was a bit'anxious' whilst I was trying to get over the humped back bridge by my house and started going sideways!!! I kept thinking that there was only a wall between me and a 20 foot drop onto the main London-Birmingham railway line!!!

After eventually getting to school I reversed very cautiously in the local club carpark to have some old git swerve around me and cut me up!!! Blooming 'eck I think he thought he was on a skid pad!!!
    I don't usually suffer from road rage but I must confess Idid partake in some 'hand gestures' of the 2 fingers kind as my queue of traffic went before his!!! :shock: :shock:
  • rondetto
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, what's all the rush? It's better to be late than dead.