Unwanted Attention - !

Options
jean123
jean123 Member Posts: 642
edited 14. Jan 2010, 04:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
Dear Forum members,

It has come to our attention on this thread that someone is sending a large number of nuisance private messages to forum members, causing enough upset for people to be put off using the forums. Please remember other forum users have their own issues and problems to deal with and do not exploit the fact that most are kind and caring people by sending large numbers of unwanted messages either to ask for help, or to run people down.

If anyone is in receipt of such messages, please remember that the forum moderators are there to deal with such problems, and the moderators can be private messaged with a copy of the problem pms. We take this extremely seriously, and have banned members for such behaviour in the past.

We are not saying that members shouldn't pm a friend if they are down, or have a problem, or post on the forums for support, but if all your private messages are pleas for help, without ever feeling able to just chat, or offering support yourself, and you feel you need to send a lot of such messages, then it is likely that you need professional help. In that event, please contact the Helplines and/or your health-care professional.

Regards,

Jean123

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Jean,

Just out of interest, how do you "ban" someone from the site? I'm assuming that anyone who was banned could just reregister under a different username?

Sorry, am probably being very thick, but have always wanted to know :-)

Nina X
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    thanks for the reminder Jean.

I haven't had any problems on here in the way you describe but it is good to know that you and the forum team are there looking out for us all.

Thanks for reminding us that the helpline staff are there and I know from personal experience just how helpful they are.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Yes you have to provide name,address and E-mail.This would be a safety issue to protect members.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies - you learn something new every day :-)

Not that I'm planning on getting myself banned or anything!

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    bet they would know me right off !!! :lol::lol::lol:

i a good girl i is ! :roll: 8)
    think we would know u in the dark lol as u always make us smile
    val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    saw this yesterday but to tell the truth as was in bit of pain did not get around to reading it. must admit do not send that many pms but it is usfull if some one is down and u want to give them some extra support. it like getting a letter when u get one u r full of expectation as to who from and what about love to get them . but do feel for people who misusing them as they must have a reason to be reaching out to strangers makes u wonder why ?? .
    val