Hi I'm a newbie

elisabeth23
elisabeth23 Member Posts: 6
edited 13. Jan 2010, 18:05 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give the forum a go as thought it might help by chatting to people in similar situations.

I'm 44, with advanced oa in hips, feeling a bit fed up today as the couple of steps I did take outside today resulted in a slip, luckily I didn't fall fully but have managed to increase the pain in my hips.

Had a bit of a day of it as I've been informed I have some impingement which apparrently is contributing to my horrendous pain. Is it just me or do you cope better with it some days and others it just seems to get you down. Anyway result of that was I'm know being referred on to an ortho surgeon.

Also had a meeting with a lovely lady from DIAL, to help me appeal against a decision to refuse me DLA.

Seem to have been off work on the sick for ages and wish I could go back, but know that I wouldn't manage. Worried about what will happen on this front!

On regular meds, celebrex dihydrocodine paracetamol and tramadol, do physio at home daily and go to hydro each week. My life seems to be totally taken over by oa!

Have read quite a few diff posts on forum, and everyone seems so friendly and helpful.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elizabeth

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you have been off work for some time and in pain. I think it is all part and parcel of the arthritis, being able to cope some days better than others.

I hope to see your name around the other zones,

Look after yourself and keep warm,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elisabeth23
    elisabeth23 Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, feels nice to have some really nice replies, maybe I'll now be able to chat to people who know what it feels like emotionally as well as physically.

Interesting to know you are going back to work (pixyandfaries), brill name, would be nice to know how you get on. Have you been off long?
    I'd love to be able to go back but driving to local shop, going in and getting home a challenge!

Collywobble, inspired name?

The names, friendliness, and kindness have already lifted my mood.