Shrinking feet

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 15. Jan 2010, 05:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
What is it with boots and shoes, I normally wear a size 10 work boot but the last few years when my company issues them I started having trouble with size 10’s and now have gone down to a size 9 or 91/2.
Now I know this is sad but there is one pair off boots that I absolutely love but they stopped production, well there now back in production so I ordered a pair on line and they came yesterday, they look the same have the same tread etc but when I put them on yep there slightly bigger than my old pair!, what the hell is going on?, I know it’s said people getting bigger/fatter these days but why have the shoe sizes gone the same way?, any ideas you lot??.

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well my feet have grown.I am usually size 5 but now have to get 6 and wide fit.I have loads of unworn trainers that no longer fit.I always find it difficult to get new shoes(so no longer try)and stick my faithfuls which I have had since 2001.
    Most people seem to suffer from wider feet but not heard of smaller before.I will be watching this thread closesly
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth in reality I put it down to production shifting to China, it's odd though as it seems common across the range of work boots I have come across even my old faithful's have fallen victim to it now.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I had a breast reduction 4 years ago and my feet shrank along with my boobs. I went from a size 7 to a size 6 in every single shop.

None of my shoes fitted and I had to buy a whole new lot. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it and, thankfully, I was up to the challenge :-)

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Great story!I might try that one
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my feet tend to swell so get shoes half to full size bigger these days lol. would quite like them to shrink a bit . and boobs as well
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    I had a breast reduction 4 years ago and my feet shrank along with my boobs. I went from a size 7 to a size 6 in every single shop.

None of my shoes fitted and I had to buy a whole new lot. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it and, thankfully, I was up to the challenge :-)

Nx

Still trying to figure out how that could have happened :!: :shock: I know, it must have been because the weight was distributed differently. Less weight= less pressure on the bones in your feet.

Sadly, I will never have the same problem :!: :roll:

Love Joan xx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options
    Hi Melman.
    i take a size 6 but i have to buy a size 7 be cause i have to have a insole in my shoe to help my arch. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    It's really odd but it does seem that sizes of work boots have gone up but the size indication hasn't I had a pair a year ago I gave a new pair to my farther in law they were 10's but were way to big for me he's an 11 and they fitted him!?.
    Why don't my trousers go the same way!? :roll:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Do your old boots fit? .....the reason I ask is that arthritis can affect the small bones of your feet. My feet have 'spread' and although I've gone from a size 7 to six they are alot wider than they used to be :shock:

So is it your feet Mell rather than the boots? :?

Luv Legs :D

PS I did read this thread as Stinking Feet :shock: :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    What is it with boots and shoes, I normally wear a size 10 work boot but the last few years when my company issues them I started having trouble with size 10’s and now have gone down to a size 9 or 91/2.
    Now I know this is sad but there is one pair off boots that I absolutely love but they stopped production, well there now back in production so I ordered a pair on line and they came yesterday, they look the same have the same tread etc but when I put them on yep there slightly bigger than my old pair!, what the hell is going on?, I know it’s said people getting bigger/fatter these days but why have the shoe sizes gone the same way?, any ideas you lot??.

Misread that Mell
    thought you said STINKING feet :oops:
    Love
    Toni x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Mellman will you swap feet with me please?????????? :wink::wink:

I am having awful problems with shoes just lately .........

I take a size 9 in a wide fitting, and that is always tricky to find in ladies shoes. Now the mail order place that I have relied on seem to be making their ladies shoes slightly smaller (well at least they don't fit my feet like they used to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ) and it is driving me mad.

The last pair I ordered the mens version and had they managed to put a size 9 in the box rather than a size 11 :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x they woudd have been perfect. All sold out so have to 'make do' with the ladies equivalent ........ not ideal :( when they eventually arrive that it :shock: :shock:
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Mellman

Had exactly the same problem with my fav. trainers, I have bought for years.

Bought exactly the same make in my UK size 5 (without trying 'em on!) Got home and found they were too big. Wot is going on here?
    My older size 5, same brand/style still fit fine, the new ones were definately bigger.
    I blame someone in Brussells!!! :? :x
    Chris :wink:
  • bobbid
    bobbid Member Posts: 85
    Options
    They do say there is a correlation between the size of a man's feet and the size of his ... thingy. Does anyone know if this is true? I have always been so focused on the thingy bit (the first few times I remember being scared to death, thinking where on earth is that huge thing going to fit in) that I have never looked at the feet.
  • bobbid
    Options
    Apropos of what Nina was saying, perhaps there is a similar correlation between our boobs and our feet. Any thoughts? There again I suppose most chaps are so busy looking at our boobs that they don't notice our feet. Unless of course they have sagged so far that they are nearly touching!
  • mellman01
    Options
    bobbid wrote:
    They do say there is a correlation between the size of a man's feet and the size of his ... thingy. Does anyone know if this is true? I have always been so focused on the thingy bit (the first few times I remember being scared to death, thinking where on earth is that huge thing going to fit in) that I have never looked at the feet.

Well lets put it this way they sometimes call me tripod, mind you I like photography, boy you should see the size of me telephoto lens, god here we go again :oops: !.
  • ninakang
    Options
    Minds like sewers, I tell you!

And yes, I think the theory is correct. About the size of a man's feet and the size of his appendage. In my (not so extensive) experience anyway.

Nx
  • ninakang
    Options
    bobbid wrote:
    Apropos of what Nina was saying, perhaps there is a similar correlation between our boobs and our feet. Any thoughts? There again I suppose most chaps are so busy looking at our boobs that they don't notice our feet. Unless of course they have sagged so far that they are nearly touching!

Mine were practically shining my shoes before the op. I was a 34JJ cup. Really.

Nx
  • bobbid
    Options
    I take it your O/H has big feet then!
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    My thingy tends to look at my feet a lot nowadays.
    There was a time when it used to watch me shave.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    If there is any truth in all this, then both me and OH are er, somewhat odd.............

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    peeps please remeber kids may be reading this !! :shock: :wink::lol:

Yeah sorry pixy you have a point there will watch what I post a bit closer. :)
  • ninakang
    Options
    I would suggest an Adults Only forum but:

a) If I was a child, that would be the first place I'd go
    b) We might never see Rehab ever again

Nx