Not another computer question.........!!!!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 15. Jan 2010, 15:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Lynn can't help sorry it's one for livinglegend he will probably know what the hell it is, one thing you could do is Google it to see what comes up but if your worried I'd wait for legend to reply if I were you, hey!, maybe your PC has silicon BSE?.

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    yes defo a legend question ,maybe ya cookies and history need deleating :?

I posted on here a few days ago on how to do this, do you normally clear your cookies Lynn?
  • mellman01
    Options
    well thats a bit personal aint it !!! :shock: :lol::lol:

Insabordiation another charge for you pixy, this time it's sweeping the parade ground with a tooth brush :lol:
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Yep: Go into tools, or on some Control panel then Internet connections, click on Internet options. Where it says "settings" click on that, then click on "View files"

Now, to make your computer run much faster and clean it up follow this:

Hghlight a dozen or so by right clicking and holding your mouse over the entire dozen you want to delete, right click again and click on delete.
    Do this as many times until you've deleted all the rubbish you've accumulated.
    You will find your PC will run much faster, do this at least once a week.
    A quicker way is to dowload C Cleaner which does all this for you, but C Cleaner can also wipe off vital files and passwords so you've got to know what to tick and cross on that.
    Stick to what I've described above and it should be ok.
    Regards
    Ron
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Rehab is right, that you should only use one program at a time on a netbook. They don't have enough memory to do several things properly.

Most computers are set up to adjust the amount of memory needed automatically. Programs run in a separate part of the memory called the RAM, ( Random Access Memory), any excess memory needed overflows onto the hard drive to a system file called the pagefile, which expands and contracts as required. When the pagefile allocation fills up to 90% then Windows should increase it and pops up a window to tell you it has done so.

Also, use File > Exit for shutting down programs as clicking on the red button top right sometimes leaves junk in the RAM.

Shutting down the netbook using Start > Turn Off Computer > Turn Off on a regular basis totally clears the RAM and that may help.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif