friends in need

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 17. Jan 2010, 16:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi have good pal on another sight she has had bad news about her condition ,her tendons in shoulders disintergrating did not know they could. she is very bad with arther and wish could do something to help, but can just give moral suport and an ear to listen .but feel as if letting her down as do not know what to say to help life so unfare she is like trisher always there for others who need help .
val

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    valval wrote:
    hi have good pal on another sight she has had bad news about her condition ,her tendons in shoulders disintergrating did not know they could. she is very bad with arther and wish could do something to help, but can just give moral suport and an ear to listen .but feel as if letting her down as do not know what to say to help life so unfare she is like trisher always there for others who need help .
    Hi Val, I am so sorry to here about your friend, Its never easy knowing what to say, I think you being there for her to talk to must mean everything.Your a good friend.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    as long as she knows you care which is very obvious to me thats just as important in tuff times xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I didn't know they could do that, either! Val, as long as she has you and friends like you, she will be OK.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    valval wrote:

Val

Your are doing something good Val, you are talking and listening.
    You are not letting her down.

Has she told you if they can do anything for her? If she has not told you, why not ask what the doctors have said.

Trish xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Val,

You are helping her greatly by being there for her. She knows that. She will also be very aware that it is difficult for you or anyone to know what to say. You have obviously been her friend for sometime on this other site and she knows you are thinking about her and she will be reassured that she can get in touch with you whenever and as often as she wishes to do so. You are being a good, very reliable, friend to her. You are doing all that she would wish you to do.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    Options
    thanks gang was feeling bit out of my depth lol. she has helped me so much . she great at nagging with out her would not have gone to rhummy as kept telling my self i was not as bad as every one else lol and could not face up to fact that have arther. now i have pain meds that mean i have better quality of life and arther meds which r working . she has been through so much but her first thought was to get me to let the others know she has not run off and left them that she is thinking of them . but at moment can not use comp as so bad
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    A lot of us dont get out much so any sympathetic contact is most welcome,Certaimly in my case having people in a similar position to talk to is a great help
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    Options
    thanks every one you all helped. you all have your own probs but spend time to help others thankyou. feel more able to be there for her. i am one of the lucky ones on here and only have this mild and meds r starting to control it so your help was needed as do not want to come across as uncaring when not sure how much to ask but now know so thankyou for your help and experience
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

Only just read this, sorry. I think like the others have said sometimes its not what someone says its just the fact they are there and I am sure thats worth so much to your friend. I hope you don't know this but sometimes conditions and illnesses can be very lonely. I think she will appreciate the fact you are there with a kind word and a listening ear, and its probably a lot more important to her than you think. ((( ))) Cris x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Val

I'm sure your friend is grateful for your support and I know you will do as much as you can to continue with that. Hope you have had a bit of a relaxing day today with your new books, and that the neck is a bit better.
    take care
    Chris xx
  • valval
    Options
    thanks will give her a call tomorrow as another pal calling her today we do not want to over do it or she will get no rest but we want her to know we here 4 her
    val