reason wanted for change of hospital appointment

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 17. Jan 2010, 09:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
I rang to change a hospital appointment to move it a week or a few! forward. I was asked in an abrupt tone by the operator what was the reason!.....I thought oh if reason not suitable what they goning to say No! So, i said it was to do with work which it was and she tried to tell me i should be telling work that my appointment was arranged before the work reason for chagnging it! Who are they to tell me!!!!

Work havent asked me to change but i thought it best in circumstances. At least i am ringing up and not one of the pateints who dont turn up and theres posters up everywhere about how much money is lost with no shows.
what an idiot. I am glad its an appointment for something not serious as wouldnt like that rude abrupt idiot taking my call again, rant over........

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Do you suppose she was having a bad hair day????? c010.gif

...she probably deserves one of our bad days to teach her to be a bit more compassionate.

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • oneday
    Options
    must have been! but i was pleasant to her and didnt return in same speak as hers........i never speak to callers like that when at work...even when taking a right load of cr**p!
    suppose i should have told her straight........why you so abrupt!! right my new mission........... :D
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Oneday,

I'd have been the same as you, very pleasant, and it's always afterwards when I feel really indignant and think why did I let them speak to me like that :|

One of my friends has a good phrase I'm waiting to try, which is .....'I suggest you enrol for some extra training in telephone manner as you obviously need a refresher course.' :|

Good luck for next time.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    They're like that round our way, too and hubby had to cancel an appointment when my mother died unexpectedly............we dont know what the receptionist expected him to give as a reason, but 'death of my mother-in-law' evidently didn't enter into it! There was a dead silence and then she said, very gently, '.....and when would you like to come in, sir?'. It gave us the only laugh we had had in two weeks!

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you have to feel for little minded people who know no better .one of these days something will happen to them and they will regret the way they acted. i only work in a shop but try to treat each customer as a friend i always smile(even when arther at his worse) because i hate to shop in places where staff talk over you never look u in the eye. it only polite to treat people with respect no matter who they r . i loe to smile to people who r rude to me and am extra polite to them as will not lower my standards to there level
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Hi Oneday
    You know you did really well to be so nice and patient with her. Rude person. Not even as though you left it till the last minute is it!
    Well anyway well done
    Love
    Toni x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I agree, Val, after years of being in public service the one man I am never going to forget was Joe.......he was unkempt and illiterate, but when I saw him for the last time he cried.........he said we were the only people who had ever treated him with respect and dealt with him as a human being; not even his doctors did.

That was in a different life to the one I have now and I have not kept many memories from then. But I don't forget Joe.

Annie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I will rememer that Annie, A very important lesson.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    Options
    Hi all!
    yes, i treat people as people and how i would like to be treated. I was saying to a colleague last week that i would have offered another colleague a lift home in the snow etc...this colleague had been awful to me and yet i was still thinking of offering them a lift in the snow.
    I said thank you to the caretaker at work as whenever theres a problem he has a go to sort it out........i bet i was the only one to say that to him. I always have a chat on the way in and out.
    Having said that if i think something is out of order i will point it out...i think with this i was a bit taken aback.........
  • oneday
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Hi Oneday,

I'd have been the same as you, very pleasant, and it's always afterwards when I feel really indignant and think why did I let them speak to me like that :|

One of my friends has a good phrase I'm waiting to try, which is .....'I suggest you enrol for some extra training in telephone manner as you obviously need a refresher course.' :|

Good luck for next time.

Luv Legs :D

Um,not sure i would say that!
  • oneday
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    They're like that round our way, too and hubby had to cancel an appointment when my mother died unexpectedly............we dont know what the receptionist expected him to give as a reason, but 'death of my mother-in-law' evidently didn't enter into it! There was a dead silence and then she said, very gently, '.....and when would you like to come in, sir?'. It gave us the only laugh we had had in two weeks!

Annie

unbelievable! of course you can think of a good one after.
  • oneday
    Options
    valval wrote:
    you have to feel for little minded people who know no better .one of these days something will happen to them and they will regret the way they acted. i only work in a shop but try to treat each customer as a friend i always smile(even when arther at his worse) because i hate to shop in places where staff talk over you never look u in the eye. it only polite to treat people with respect no matter who they r . i loe to smile to people who r rude to me and am extra polite to them as will not lower my standards to there level

Yes, i am always friendly to staff in shops.....some other shoppers treat them like muck dont they?
  • oneday
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Oneday
    You know you did really well to be so nice and patient with her. Rude person. Not even as though you left it till the last minute is it!
    Well anyway well done
    Love
    Toni x

:D
  • oneday
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I will rememer that Annie, A very important lesson.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    :)