hospital

lucymum
lucymum Member Posts: 113
edited 23. Jan 2010, 07:47 in My child has arthritis
Hi all lucy was at the hospital today. They are really happy that the ibruprofen is helping her pain a bit and are starting her on an oral dose of mxt mtx, however you say it!!!!
They are a bit concerned cause there is a descrepency in her abnormality levels which were done at durham and those done at another hospital, which prompted the referal. What this means I am not sure, but at least we are taking the next step.
Lucy's Dr. is not happy that physio have not been in contact as they have had 4 weeks, although it was christmas, so she is going to chase them up so that she can be assessed!!
All in all I am happy with the care they are taking with her, lets hope the new medicine helps, and thankfully no injections.
Hope you all are having a good week, although it is only monday!! x x x

Comments

• illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Aww that's great I hope mtx works for her hugs. We're only on week 2 of the drug and so far no side effects although hers is via injection I hope Lucy does well xxx

michelle
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Hun,

So glad things are happening and hope the mtx works really quick. Shannon was on the tablets to start with...but they put her on the injections as she was a cow for taking the tablets and it was causing her to have flare ups ect. Hope Lucy takes the medicine and you continue to get the help and support from hospital. xxx

lucymum wrote:
    Hi all lucy was at the hospital today. They are really happy that the ibruprofen is helping her pain a bit and are starting her on an oral dose of mxt mtx, however you say it!!!!
    They are a bit concerned cause there is a descrepency in her abnormality levels which were done at durham and those done at another hospital, which prompted the referal. What this means I am not sure, but at least we are taking the next step.
    Lucy's Dr. is not happy that physio have not been in contact as they have had 4 weeks, although it was christmas, so she is going to chase them up so that she can be assessed!!
    All in all I am happy with the care they are taking with her, lets hope the new medicine helps, and thankfully no injections.
    Hope you all are having a good week, although it is only monday!! x x x