Best quote of today.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 21. Jan 2010, 11:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Best quote of the day has got to go to a senior US government spokesman Richard Holbrook, who said of the unprecedented attacks inside Kabul by the Taliban today.

“the Taliban’s are a desperate people”, hmm I would tend to use the term tenacious or dedicated, maybe even everywhere rather than desperate.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i would not discribe them as desperate either. how any one can kill other just makes no sence to me but what do i know i leave that kind of thinking to others it all above my head
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    valval wrote:
    i would not discribe them as desperate either. how any one can kill other just makes no sence to me but what do i know i leave that kind of thinking to others it all above my head

Yeah sounds good val, I think as you get older that happens everything starts to seem more crazy as the years role by, or should I say speed by, christ when I was a nipper I couldn't even think what I would be doing when I was in me late 40 let alone being around then to see all the insanity that there is.
    Bugger I'm off on one again, right that's it's I'm off to U Tube to look up magnetars quazars and other mind boggling fings. :mrgreen: :?:
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    Best quote of the day has got to go to a senior US government spokesman Richard Holbrook, who said of the unprecedented attacks inside Kabul by the Taliban today.

“the Taliban’s are a desperate people”, hmm I would tend to use the term tenacious or dedicated, maybe even everywhere rather than desperate.
    Does he mean desperate because of the methods that the Taliban are using to gain political control I wonder?

No he's a political mouth piece enough said. :roll:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Helpdesk staff aren't that bright, Rehab ;-) (Apologies to anyone who does this job, I mean the ones I've come across in the past).

They introduce solutions that create problems later on, yes, but not on purpose!

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Why are all Indian call centre staff called Graham or Sandra?

When cold callers ring me up I will refer to myself as Iqbal :roll:

I just heavy breath and mumble KILL KILL KILL!!!!, that does it. :mrgreen:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Why are all Indian call centre staff called Graham or Sandra?

When cold callers ring me up I will refer to myself as Iqbal :roll:

Hi Iqbal :roll:

They are allocated western names to make us feel more familiar and therefore more likely to listen to them. If you say that you spoke to Sandra last time, they have problems, as they have about 40 'Sandras' in the call centre. As they work to a script, it may say something along the lines of, "Sandra is not in today, it is her rest day. How can I help?".

You may talk to Graham, but would you listen to Nishthavant, (even if it does mean trustworthy).

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • ninakang
    Options
    First sensible thing you've said all day, Rehab. I totally agree that men are delusional.

Nx
  • ninakang
    Options
    That's what you think and if it works for you and Mrs Rehab, so much the better :-P

Nx
  • maud48
    maud48 Member Posts: 170
    Options
    'medical history will be made when a man is born with a p****s and a brain'
    (Don't call me sexist, my OH told me that)
    maud
  • mellman01
    Options
    This is one of my favourites you must all know who said it.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

What the!? :? :roll:
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    lol at all the comments ...... loved the re-booting ....so true. Eve :D