laurens mum

Options
nuishka
nuishka Member Posts: 28
edited 20. Jan 2010, 03:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi everyone,let me just say thanks to everyone who made me feel most welcome as a newbie .it was most appreciated,for your replys.well heres the update for laurens dla.lowest rate for care that was that.after her receiving it for 5 years at highest,oh my god my daughter is cured,nothing wrong with her.......i wishhhhh.intend to go to apeal now.i just dont understand them,have asked for copys of doctors reports and what the decision was based on for them to come to this decision.if anyone can relate to this give me some tips,for the appeal,as have never been in this positon before ,and how long the appeal will take,as i have to hand her car back,also, love to u all
lorraine a nd lauren

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    lorraine

How awful for you, can't believe they can do this to you. Oh how we wish Lauren was cured!. I'm so sorry I can't help on this, but do hope other mums see it to support you. Have you posted this on the other forums too, please do. Can the CAB advise?
    Hang in there love, do hope someone pops along who has been there and can help.
    Hugs to you both
    Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Lorraine

Try and fight it with whatever help you can get. Doctors Cab, hospital docs.
    They are doing this too much these days.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on

Trisher xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Both :)
    Sure the higher care has more to do with being disturbed in the night. Eg to use the loo or turn over take meds etc and the frequency you need to do this.
    DO appeal and DO get some advice.
    Love
    Toni x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    surely if u apealing u can keep car till it has gone through. get c a b to look into it for u and help with the apeal good luck
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    They seemed to have moved the goalposts to qualify for DLA.I was also told without highrate mobility you can no longer qualify for a blue badge either.This didnt used to be the case with our local council.
    Definately appeal ( but take advice first as you can lose an existing award at an appeal) as my form filler was always reminding me .Most people are having to appeal nowadays.
    Good luck
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nuishka
    Options
    valval wrote:
    surely if u apealing u can keep car till it has gone through. get c a b to look into it for u and help with the apeal good l uck
    HI THERE SPOKE TO MOBILITY OPERATIONS TODAY THEY R GOING TO SUPPORT ME FOR 6 MONTHS THROUGH THE APEAL PROCESS.THANKS LORRAINE
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Good to see that at least Lorraine

Keep fighting love. Love to Lauren.

Chris
  • nuishka
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Good to see that at least Lorraine

Keep fighting love. Love to Lauren.

Chris
    hi chris the gloves r on and i am ready hope ur ok lorraine and lauren x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi
    Hope the appeal is successful.I am sure it will be.Keep us posted.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein