laurens mum spoke to dla today

Options
nuishka
nuishka Member Posts: 28
edited 19. Jan 2010, 17:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi everyone thanks for your replys.i couldnt content myself today i was absolutley raging about this decision going from highest rate on reconsideration less than 6 month ago to nothing for mobility component?so i called them and asked to speak with someone in the highest rank,what i wanted to know was evidence the dec maker used to award my little girl absolutley nothing ,just low rate for care.it just doesnt make sense and the girl i spoke to agreed with me.so she dug into the notes and this is what the doctor said in report,,
lauren can walk,
BUT NOT WITHOUT SEVERE DISCOMFORT
AND DOES NOT CLASS HER DIFFERENT FROM ANYONE OF THE SAME AGE.

This is what she based the decision on,lol everyone.thats exactly what i done.
she has told me to appeal straight away,i have asked for a copy of doctors report,which i am dying to see.and get as much med evid as poss back into them.i actually questioned her with are you sure she wasnt dealing with someone elses notes,as my little girl has been awarded high rate from 2005.surely she must need to go to specksavers.anyway awaiting appeal form to come out ,what she says happens is they get it back,ANOTHER dec maker will look at it,and possibly make new dec,or dec if they will send to tribunal.i hope they do cause i am ready for them,i have rehearsed my speach over and OVER in my head,written notes down and taken about 25 valium today lol.will let u know how i get on cheers lorraine[/b]

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Nuishka

What s'''d' the DLA panel are. They are actually changing the 'goal posts' for everyone. They did for me say "as I could manage to walk 80 feet on my own" then I could manage. Prior to this for 2 years I was getting full mobility. As you say, it is all rubbish. They were suppose to be writing to me in December to arrange an appeal, but guess what, they haven't. Now that I am 65, I can't apply again I don't thinks so. I do get some Care Component though. This will make about £200 a month difference to my income and I also do not get the full state pension either.