co-codamol dreams

maud48
maud48 Member Posts: 170
edited 22. Jan 2010, 08:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
having a bit of a flare up so have been taking more of this than usual and been having the most weird dreams. Last night was one about a dog who wanted a clock for his birthday (don't ask!).
Couple that with my grandson who has recently started to have bad dreams. We explained to him that it's not real but just like watching a film. Now he's shouting out in the night 'I don't want to watch this film'.
Anyone who visited our house in the middle of the night would quickly send for the men in the white coats,
maud

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've realised that I when I was having weird dreams a while ago, I was on the max dose of cocos. Now I've got Tramadol I don't seem to get them.

Annie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I take Nortriptyline and that really messes my head up, dreams in colour the works, it tends to take what I have done in the day and then add or change things about, this seems to then get dumped in my conscious memory over the top of what really went on, by heck it gets confusing at times!. :? :shock:
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, I have really weird dreams on Amitriptylline, I sometimes also think I am seeing things, I had a dream about a lion who stood up on its hind legs and gave me a cuddle, I also once had a dream about sitting in the middle of a group of snakes love jaspercatxx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    i get wierd dreams if i take oramorph at bedtime which luckily i only do when i'm having a bad flare!
    but the night before last i dreamt that my husband (who has blonde hair) came home from work and kept putting his head in front of my face and i didn't know why, eventually after he'd been doing this for about 2 hours
    he said "have you noticed anything different about me?"
    i said "oh yes you've had your hair done"
    he said "yes, i went to the hairdressers and had it dyed, do you like the colour?"
    so i said "no, you don't suit brown hair!"

all the next day i was trying to work out if it was real or a dream! but although he sometimes dyes his hair bright red, he'd never dye it brown!

i always write my weirdest dreams on my blog, so i'll have to write this one on it!
    if you go to my blog at - http://morphine-queen.blogspot.com/
    you can read my weirdest ones!
    sue
  • mellman01
    Jesus and this stuff is legal!!!, by heck we are a messed up bunch!. :roll:
  • mellman01
    i dream of jeanie :roll: :lol:

Not the one with the light brown hair??.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 wrote:
    i dream of jeanie :roll: :lol:

Not the one with the light brown hair??.

no the one who wiggles her nose ! :lol:

Oh here she wasn't a real geine she was an actress pixy!.
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I've been having the most terrible nightmares recently. Have woken myself up sobbing my heart out and lying on the floor.
    Don't get much sleep as it is. NOW I KNOW WHY!!!

Just have to have two cups of ovaltine instead of the meds and see what happens.
    Cheers.
    Steph
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    wot meds steph?

Co-Dydramol. They don't do much, just take the edge off a bit.
    Have not been sleeping at all well so have been taking 3 before going to bed.
    Why do you ask?
    Steph
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    I dream of snakes, which I hate anyway their eyes and fangs give me the shivers.

But I have these dreams where they are all over me all bright colours like green orange red yellow it freaks me out when I dream of that, I wake up in a cold sweat.

Trish
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I've realised, reading this that I'm one of the lucky ones, I get vivid dreams with the cocos, but mine are all plain whacky/crazy but none of them have been frightening..........in fact, I've woken laughing at a couple of them!

Annie
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    I dreamt once that i was getting chased by red indians, war cry an all but i could open my eyes and it stopped shut them and it started again.

Also got chased by a tiger OH says my legs were going as if I was running in bed and he asked me if I was ok and I told him I had to get away from the tiger.

These happened when i was on Co-drydamol never got them with Tramadol.

Anne
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    i've had that and it's upsetting.

But they wouldn't dare they know how wonderful we are!!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Maud,

Oh I have had so many weird dreams on the back of Pregabalin and hallucinated for a while as well (3 days actually but it was scary just the same and it was in hospital and well they must have thought I was on the wrong ward :lol::lol: ) I still get a few odd ones but thankfully they evened out a bit...... and some are really good actually...... I need to get out more :lol::lol: Cris x
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi, I have strange dreams on the Amptripylines.The cocos did it too but im off them now.
    Ive been eaten by a crocodile, had some one sawing off my leg( i was in a lot of pain that night) & last night( well this morning) as OH came in to wake me i shouted ''yes i know ive got to put the buttons back on'' :shock: He just stood there looking at me oddly as i put the quilt over my head. :lol:
    I wake myself up talking in my sleep,something ive always done(was more of a mutter then) but now i shout,cry & can even have a full conversion with OH in my sleep. :shock: Til i realise & shut up. :lol:
    Think he's got used to it now.Good job i aint got any secrets :wink:
    Like Mell says,alot of our dreams are a mixture of whats happened in the day & in my case sometimes its the pain im in that comes into my dreams aswell.Hence the crocodile & leg being sawn off.
    debs
  • trisher
    annie_mial wrote:
    I've realised, reading this that I'm one of the lucky ones, I get vivid dreams with the cocos, but mine are all plain whacky/crazy but none of them have been frightening..........in fact, I've woken laughing at a couple of them!

Annie

per haps you were doing something northy Annie :D :shock:
  • trisher
    Debs

If it makes you feel any better they don't actually saw legs off as such. I had it done by epidural, I was sedated but woke up honestly. They do it with a thing like a cheese wire. :D

Please don't start dreaming of cheese now will you. and no I did not feel nothing

Trish xxx
  • mellman01
    rehab44 wrote:
    I had a strange dream that I posted something about Tony Blair and then he disappeared

Flippin heck same for me rehab! :shock: , christ for a second there I was dreaming I was in the film 1984, then I woke up and found out that I was!!!ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH :shock: :shock: :? :mrgreen:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    rehab44 wrote:
    I had a strange dream that I posted something about Tony Blair and then he disappeared
    would ask what it said but well that would go as well? now i am wondering what it was about and why it had to go lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    mellman01 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:

Flippin heck same for me rehab! :shock: , christ for a second there I was dreaming I was in the film 1984, then I woke up and found out that I was!!!ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH :shock: :shock: :? :mrgreen:

Hi Mell and Rehab

Well I read it before it disappeared, so it wasn't wasted :!: I thought it was excellent :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    last night i had a dream that for everything good that happened something bad happened to!
    i'm going to write in my blog later but basically i dreamt me and a load of my friends won a weeks holiday in a very posh hotel, but the downside, we had to all share one bed! then we where noticed that next to our room was a factory making the most gorgeous smelling chocolates and fudge, but we where not allowed any!
    then we went to a fair, from the entrance we could see all these great rides, but entrance to every ride was blocked so we had to climb up the sides to get on them!
    most odd!
    sue (who believes in karma!)
  • mellman01
    Your gonna get a knock on your door if you carry on like this rehab!
  • mellman01
    rehab44 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    Your gonna get a knock on your door if you carry on like this rehab!
    They will never take me alive! :shock:

God for you rehab stiff upper lip and all that old bean, it's an attitude like that that made the empire!.

I'm in full support by the way but I will be in the bunker monitoring radio trafic so wont be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with you when the fuzzy wuzzies come for you but be asured I'm with you in spirit old thing!.

Good luck and tooddle pip!
  • mellman01
    rehab

How come you are never available fr the dangerous bits eh?

It's just bad luck is all rehan honest, you know I would like to help but someones got to do the boring jobs!. :mrgreen: