A Magic Moment

Options
moonseed
moonseed Member Posts: 289
edited 23. Jan 2010, 05:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just thought I'd share this little story:-

I was feeling rather poorly one day last week but was trying my best to fight it.
My other half had left some washing in the machine so I decided to do it.
When it had finished the cycle I took it out and folded it neatly and left it on the work top with the intention of hanging it up to dry a bit later on.

(When I'm feeling ill, I have a tendency to do things in short bursts as this is the only way it get's done at all).

Anyway, back to the story.
After leaving them on the work top, I had to sit down for a while but went to sleep.
I woke an hour later, crawled into the kitchen to make a cup of tea.
While waiting for the kettle to boil, I thought I would hang his washing up to dry. I couldn't find it anywhere!
I looked and looked - nothing. I couldn't understand it. Made the tea.
drank it. Walked all round the flat thinking I must have had a "senior moment" but still couldn't find it
Finally, I asked my other half if he had moved the pile of washing from the work top.
"Yes" he said, "I'm wearing them".

He had realised how rough I was feeling and decided to help.
Bless his little heart.
It is these silly little things that make life so liveable don't you think?
Do you have any nice little stories like this?
Steph

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :? :? was he wearing them wet then :?: :?
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Well that's nice but what had he done with it though? :D Had he put them on wet to say it don't matter if you could not dry them?

Trish xx
  • moonseed
    edited 22. Jan 2010, 01:20
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    :? :? was he wearing them wet then :?: :?

Yes!
    Not dripping wet though. They had been through the dryer for a little while.
    As Trish say's, he was doing it to let me know it didn't matter that they were just damp. It's is way of helping. That's men for you!
    Steph
  • moonseed
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Well that's nice but what had he done with it though? :D Had he put them on wet to say it don't matter if you could not dry them?

Trish xx

Your right on it Trish!
    Steph
  • moonseed
    Options
    :lol: saves money on the tumble dryer i suppose ! i thought you were gonna say they hadnt washed at all and you hadnt noticed they were dry ! :lol:

That is possible too. Anything is possible with him. Hasn't got a clue but tries hard sometimes..
    It was such a shock to me as normally he does absolutely nothing.
    Very good brain but it's elsewhere NOT in the home.
    Steph
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My Oh once left Lucy(aged about 3)at a creche at my sons school whilst he attended a meeting there. He got all the way home and I asked where is Lucy?So he had to drive all the way back about 30 mins drive to collect her.He still gets teased about it by the school!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • moonseed
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    My Oh once left Lucy(aged about 3)at a creche at my sons school whilst he attended a meeting there. He got all the way home and I asked where is Lucy?So he had to drive all the way back about 30 mins drive to collect her.He still gets teased about it by the school!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,
    Don't be too hard on the poor man. At least he has the excuse of being a man!
    I did the same thing and left my daughter asleep in the pram outside a shop. I got all the way home before I realized there was something missing!!
    At least no one else knew about it, until now that is.
    Being absent minded to this extent is a terrible burdon to bear sometime,
    Send him my sympathies.
    Steph x.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Steph,
    He is well known for his forgetfullness.But he denies it so I have to keep reminding him of these stories.Coarse if I do anything then I never hear the last of it.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Steph,

Don't worry about it, I forget my kids ALL the time :-) Good job they're old enough to find their own way home now *lol*

Lovely story. When I last had a flare up, I had been up all night and fell asleep on the sofa the next afternoon when the painkillers finally started to kick in. When I woke up, it was to find my OH and my three daughters sitting on the floor with the TV sound turned right down, having a quiet picnic so as not to disturb me!

Nx
  • moonseed
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Steph,

Don't worry about it, I forget my kids ALL the time :-) Good job they're old enough to find their own way home now *lol*

Lovely story. When I last had a flare up, I had been up all night and fell asleep on the sofa the next afternoon when the painkillers finally started to kick in. When I woke up, it was to find my OH and my three daughters sitting on the floor with the TV sound turned right down, having a quiet picnic so as not to disturb me!

Nx

That's a lovely story. Did they leave a mess in the kitchen though?
    Steph
  • moonseed
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Steph,
    He is well known for his forgetfullness.But he denies it so I have to keep reminding him of these stories.Coarse if I do anything then I never hear the last of it.
    Elizabeth

This is my second "marriage" with a 22 year gap in between the two so had a few boy friends along the way. Not one of them did anything wrong. They are all perfect in every way aren't they!!!!
    Steph
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Steph

Erm, yeah, the kitchen was a bit of a mess... and the rest of the house too, but you can't have everything!

Nx
  • moonseed
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    A magic moment.

Grandson, aged 3, "Grandad can I have a drink?"

Me, " What's the magic word?"

Grandson, " Hocus Pocus"

Me.. falls on the floor laughing uncontrollably, boy gets his drink and a hug

Hi there Rehab,
    Absolutely brilliant!
    Thanks for that one.
    Steph x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    moonseed wrote:
    Just thought I'd share this little story:-

I was feeling rather poorly one day last week but was trying my best to fight it.
    My other half had left some washing in the machine so I decided to do it.
    When it had finished the cycle I took it out and folded it neatly and left it on the work top with the intention of hanging it up to dry a bit later on.

(When I'm feeling ill, I have a tendency to do things in short bursts as this is the only way it get's done at all).

Anyway, back to the story.
    After leaving them on the work top, I had to sit down for a while but went to sleep.
    I woke an hour later, crawled into the kitchen to make a cup of tea.
    While waiting for the kettle to boil, I thought I would hang his washing up to dry. I couldn't find it anywhere!
    I looked and looked - nothing. I couldn't understand it. Made the tea.
    drank it. Walked all round the flat thinking I must have had a "senior moment" but still couldn't find it
    Finally, I asked my other half if he had moved the pile of washing from the work top.
    "Yes" he said, "I'm wearing them".

He had realised how rough I was feeling and decided to help.
    Bless his little heart.
    It is these silly little things that make life so liveable don't you think?
    Do you have any nice little stories like this?
    Steph

My Ex once pegged a load of dirty washing out on the line...???!!! mad!!! it was DRY????
    embarrassin too :oops:
    Toni x
    Ps your hubby sounds a sweetie :)
  • moonseed
    Options
    That must have been really embarassing but bless him all the same.
    They do try don't they.
    I've finally come to realize that it's not always laziness with men but their brains don't actually connect at all in the housework area.

It's down to us mother's I think. My son is just the same apparently. It's his wife that has trained him. I spoiled him. All my fault I admit.

Thanks for the laugh.
    Steph
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I used to help out at the boys school listening to the children read and the first time I went in I was so worried that my son would be ashamed of me because of my disabilities. :oops:

When I arrived it was playtime and he was in the playground and I shuffled along in trepidation not wanting to embarass him.

Then I heard a shout "Look everyone there's MY Mum." and he ran towards me with his arms outstretched and so proud.

That was the day when I realised that my children just love me for who I am and I'm not a disease to them I'm just their Mum.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I think my magic moment was when my youngest daughter took the floor at our 40th wedding anniversary and announced that both she and her sister had always felt very deprived as children and teenagers. They couldn't understand other kids having problems with their mums and dads as they had none. She also said that I was the most laid-back mum she had ever met. She said "If I rang mum and told her I was bringing back a gorilla for tea, she would ask me only two questions - what is his name and what does he like to eat'

I felt very proud.

Annie