Gok

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 27. Jan 2010, 06:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
'How to Look Good Naked with a difference' is shown on Tuesday evenings and hosted by Gok Wan or Auntie Gok as he calls himself. :lol: If you haven't seen this before it basically helps women to improve their self image without going under the knife and resorting to cosmetic surgery and dentistry.

I was so pleased when I watched it on Tuesday because this series features only disabled people. Tuesday's programme was about Tracy who is in a wheelchair, has beautiful hair, skin, boobs, face and legs but when she sees herself she just focuses on her deformed feet and 'fat' tummy. :roll: Over the filming of the programme, 7 weeks in all, Gok taught her how to appreciate every bit of her body, including her tummy and feet, as they were all part of her. He showed her clothes she could wear in her wheelchair to portray her bubbly personality, hair and make-up were done and in the end she was a changed person. She was beautiful naked …….and dressed. :wink:

Disabled people so often get overlooked, especially in the media, and I think it's so refreshing to see a programme that encompasses all and let's others see that peeps with disabilities are just the same as everyone else.

I think I love Gok! :oops: :lol:

Luv Legs who might like to be
featured on the programme :shock: :lol::lol:
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Linda
    I loved Gok anyway :D Girlfriend :!:
    Didn't she look great :!:
    Lucy (my 12 yr old) watches it religiously.
    I think he is lovely and really helps people with or without a disability doesn't he? Remember that lady who had had a mastectomy? Wow! What he did for her self esteem eh? All done without surgery too :)
    Get yourself on it Linda - google it and let me know if they will do you :!: Would be brilliant :D
    I would be famous too - coz i know you :D
    Love
    Toni x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Whoever he/she is they do seem to be trying to help (I misread the title and thought it said 'wok'). Think they'd pop round my way next .................now that really would give them a challenge :!:

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    naked not in this house to cold for that. but program does sound worth a look if all the men go out lol
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I bought GOK bra, body thingy and slip. They were the most uncomfortable things possible. I have a job pulling my knickers on at the best of times, but I just could not do a thing, even breath.
    Needless to say £50 or mor is still sitting in the drawer.
    Pleased to say I am still losing weight.
    Joy
  • lindalegs
    annie_mial wrote:
    Whoever he/she is they do seem to be trying to help (I misread the title and thought it said 'wok'). Think they'd pop round my way next .................now that really would give them a challenge :!:

Annie

I don't think Gok knows whether he's a He or a She Annie ...hence Auntie Gok :lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • annie_mial
    Ah, right, Linda - well, we can all do with a good Auntie!

Annie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I call him Gong Wong!, or was it One Hung Low??!. :lol:
  • lindalegs
    mellman01 wrote:

To which part of his anatomy are we referring to here Mell :? :oops: ..... and furthermore how do you know ???????????????
    Love, Legs x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    lindalegs wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

To which part of his anatomy are we referring to here Mell :? :oops: ..... and furthermore how do you know ???????????????

I have contacts!. :shock:
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi Linda,

I watched this on Tuesday purely because it WAS featuring someone with a disability. And didn't she look just great.... she was attractive to start with but Gok certainly showed her how to style herself :)

It was a fab programme! And Gok is sooo nice, I shall watch future episodes now.

Jackie x
  • lindalegs
    jackie1955 wrote:
    Hi Linda,

I watched this on Tuesday purely because it WAS featuring someone with a disability. And didn't she look just great.... she was attractive to start with but Gok certainly showed her how to style herself :)

It was a fab programme! And Gok is sooo nice, I shall watch future episodes now.

Jackie x

Hi Jackie, nice to see you around again. Next week it's a lady with her lower leg missing ........ it brings tears to my eyes at the end when they look so gorgeous and are so happy. Reckon we could do with our own Gok on the Forum. :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
  • annie_mial
    When I can find a designer who combines comfort with looking good, they will have all my attention.

I am sick of my usual look (called the bag-lady look by my daughters) but I do want to be comfortable!

I'll probably feel better about it when the warmer weather arrives - if it ever does - and I can put on summery things, I know I always look better in the summer than the winter.

Anybody come across any interesting tips?

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    I wonder what he she or both, would do with me, now that would give you all a laugh.

I have got so much missing. Do you think her could do something for me. :D

Trish xx
  • annie_mial
    Probably, Trish - but I don't say it would be the most comfortable thing in the world!

Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Legs,

Its good that they have done this. I didn't see it, I don't tend to watch makeovers but I do watch far too much kids tv and well what is good is now a days they have disabled characters in main stream so hopefully tomorrow's generation will take disability so much more in their stride eh? Shame abut some of the other things but thats got to be well overdue. Luv Cris who is wondering what time Shaun the sheep is on :wink: xx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Cris shaun is on mon cbbc at 6.15 :wink::lol: we love shaun too.

Linda i watched it fantastic :D i cryed at the end when her little boy started crying when he saw his lovely mum.
    i would like a make over, i always wear jeans and t-shirt and if its cold just put a jumper over the top :roll:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hey Page,

He also o at 09.50 monday to friday....... or so I heard :wink: Bubbles and ((( ))) xx

Sorry Legs......... :oops: :oops: xx
  • lindalegs
    Hi Lynn,

Haven't caught tonight's yet .....but will watch it on IPlayer later ...I don't think Gok would like it in your pocket he's much too flamboyant I reckon he'd rather be sitting on your shoulder, girlfriend :wink::lol::lol:

Love, Legs x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    lindalegs wrote:
    jackie1955 wrote:
    Hi Linda,

Jackie x

Hi Jackie, nice to see you around again. Next week it's a lady with her lower leg missing ........ it brings tears to my eyes at the end when they look so gorgeous and are so happy. Reckon we could do with our own Gok on the Forum. :D

Legs

If we get one on the Forum, Can I go first 2nd or 3rd :D please. When is it on about the lady with a leg amputated? Have I missed it yet?

Trishxx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hi trish and everyone

The lady with the leg amputated was on last night, if I'm correct. I was reading a book with one eye on the TV. I love Gok too, he's fabulous.

But unlike the rest of you on this post, I don't need a makeover - my daughters do that to me every morning and every time we go shopping!

Nx
  • dutchess
    dutchess Member Posts: 79
    annie_mial wrote:
    When I can find a designer who combines comfort with looking good, they will have all my attention.

I am sick of my usual look (called the bag-lady look by my daughters) but I do want to be comfortable!

I'll probably feel better about it when the warmer weather arrives - if it ever does - and I can put on summery things, I know I always look better in the summer than the winter.

Anybody come across any interesting tips?

Annie

Like you Annie I'm waiting for someone who can combine comfort with looking good. At mo is very handy that pumps have been in fashion for a few years so live in them but do miss not wearing heels when going out in the evening. I kinda embrace an alternative look leggings/footless tights with my pumps. I missed Gok last night. Was it any good? The first week was fab but know for me heels and skinny jeans a no, no for me. Some inspiration would be fab. Did arthritis care do some publication to do with fashion? Have vague recollection of it.
    Kelly
  • lindalegs
    trisher wrote:

Legs

If we get one on the Forum, Can I go first 2nd or 3rd :D please. When is it on about the lady with a leg amputated? Have I missed it yet?

Trishxx

Hi Trish,

You can watch him on ITV Player as I'm going to do. If you haven't done this before just type ITV Player into Google and it'll take you there ....we have a week to watch it..... and you're 3rd, after me :wink:

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x