2»

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Hi Bobbid

Yes, I had a breast reduction (one of the best things I've ever done). I used to be a 34JJ - yes, you did read that right - I had to wear size 16 tops and size 10 trousers and skirts. I had constant backache and permanent marks where my bras dug in.

I'm now a 34c or d, depending on the shop. My backache's gone and so has my asthma!

Nx

Hi Nina

You poor thing, but you look great now :!: A friend of mine was just like you, and she used to wear out her sweaters from the inside :!: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I saw that study about bras in the paper too, Joan! I am also on a mission to get everyone woman I know to wear the correct bra. You lot are probably lucky I can't see you because I frequently tell ladies off for wearing the wrong size.

After my op, not only did I feel so much better, I weighed a stone less and all my tops were longer :-)

Nx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Morning Nina

Hope you are well. What a fantastic story. You were very brave to undergo such an op. Did you get it on the NHS or fund it yourself.

I've got the problem of being top heavy, but not bad enough to have any op.

I am 44F. with size 20 trousers or skirts. I was 46F, but now that I'm trying to lose weight I am slowly getting down to another dress size.
    I send for my bras from Simply Yours or Marisota. They do some beautiful large size bras. and they are very good fits. M&S are useless. Also I like the idea of trying things on at home.

Joy
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Joy

I went to my GP and he referred me to the hospital. When I got undressed, the consultant said "Yes, I can see your problem" !!!

But apart from that one comment, it was a fantastic service they provided - from going to see my GP to actually having the op on the NHS took 6 months, which is nothing, don't you think?

If you're really unhappy, then go and see your GP and explain your reasons why you want it done. Of course, if you're happy, then everything's peachy!

Nx
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi Nina

You were very lucky and well done for getting a good service from the NHS.
    I'm happy the way i am. A bit of a coward I think.

I wish I were slim like you though.

Joy
  • deemac
    deemac Member Posts: 30
    Options
    For years i thought i was a 36c then i was measured and was told i am 34dd so take your pick x
  • joyful164
    Options
    joy hun you will get there little steps hun :wink:

thanks for having faith in me

Joy
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hello ladies,

did any of you find that you got bigger after having children? I mean after breastfeeding? I went up a cup size after having my daughter and have stayed there ever since! My hubby was very impressed!

Janie
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi Janie

I went up after Ali and up and up after Andy. There was a time when I had every conceivable bras size there was. from 38B to 46D and F. OMG. I never failed the pencil test I am pleased to say.
    I finally went down to a size 12 when I was 40 but it has crept up again ever since. I can now pass the pencil case test. I am 65 now though

I think you are quite lucky. Swimming is very good for busts and rowing. I use to enjoy using my rowing machine, but can't manage it now. All the best and keep up with the exercises.
    Joy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    When I met OH I was wearing 32A! Now 3 children and arthritis later I am 38D.I much preferred being smaller though and am confused by the trend to pay good money to be bigger.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein