surprise letter.

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 25. Jan 2010, 15:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
I just wanted to share with you some good news.My brother hasnt seen his son for over 6 years....no contact although my brother has sent him letters all the time.We didnt know if he received them.The courts had allowed this.

Anyway I arrived home after a fraught shopping trip with the OH( he hates everything I buy, I think he is tight)!and there was a letter with up to date photos that my bruv had received.His son has contacted him by telephone and is coming to see him in a few weeks.He said he was sorry that he had said he didnt want to see his dad and didnt know what he was doing.He was young but was older now and understood the implications.

I cant begin to tell you how happy I am and have tears running down my cheeks as I type.
I just wanted to share.....
Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Elizabeth that is such good news.

Relationships within families can be so difficult ..... it is good to know that those of us with family issues are not on our own, and that good can happen as well as bad.

glad that you are so happy - lovely news to share

Wonkyxxxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Thankyou,
    It came out of the blue. I have encouraged my brother to keep writing, no recriminations, so when his son was ready he would not feel scared to make contact and also to prove to his son that he cared.He moved a long way away and on the occassions my brother went up to see him it all ended in disaster and got my brother frustrated and gave his ex more ammunition.I really hope the visit goes ahead as planned.

I have got a headache now from all that crying.
    all the best
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Elizabeth,

It is so true we just do not know what each day may bring, things go on, the same old, same old and then something "different" happens, just like today for you.

You certainly paved the way encouraging your brother, to keep that contact going, distant though it may have been and with no result for a long, long time. His patience is being rewarded. It is thanks to you both that this has happened as well as your brother's son maturing and seeing things differently. It would definitely have made it that much easier for his son, having always had some kind of contact and always knowing that he cared.

You calm down now and try to get rid of that headache. :) Thank you for sharing that with us. It will give hope to others in similar situations.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    How lovely.

c045.gif

It just proves that feint heart never won fair maid (or knight in this case) your bro's perseverence paid off big time and has been worth all the effort he put in.

What brialliant news .....now I suggest you have a good blow and couple of your fav painkillers for your headache.

Well done for encouraging him.
    :D
    Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    I'm so pleased for you and your family Elizabeth
    Thats really good news.

I cant say I know how you feel as that would
    not be fair but just to let you know that
    my daughter's partner did not see his little son
    for nearly 2 years due to the difficulties the child's
    mother put on the situation. It nearly cut him in two
    and the little boy of course missed his dad so much.

So happy endings, you cant beat'em.

Love Kath
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    This is great news, am really pleased for you

Nx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    When relationships come to an end, for whatever reason, some of the worst emotional pain imaginable is suffered by the children. Add to this, confusion, and even guilt sometimes, thinking themselves to be somehow at fault.

I am so very pleased that your brother now has the opportunity to be the father his son needs.......Ange.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth.
    i'm so you pleased for you and your brother
    and i'm so pleased your bothers son now understands that he needs his family.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

That is good news, do hope all goes well when the visit is arranged. We like to hear about Happy tears :D but hope the headache gone now.
    take care
    Chris
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elizebeth,
    That is lovely news , I think it will have given all of us a lift :) now you enjoy your family.
    Love Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    great new no wonder you in tears they of joy we know bet he lovely lad
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Fantastic news. Your brother must be over the moon.

Hope your headache is a bit better.

Anne