car insurance

Options
markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
edited 27. Jan 2010, 09:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Should being medically retired with oa affect car insurance?or is it just being un employed at the moment?had a couple of quotes and they seem quite high,any advice.

Cheers Mark a010.gif

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Mark,

there was another post a few weeks ago about car insurance and arther that might be worth you having a look at.

I phoned my insurers recently (in a panic) as I hadn't spelled out to them that I not only had arther but also wore two splints on my wrists when driving.

They were not at all bothered and said as long as my consultant/ gp said I was able to drive there was no problem.

The insurer did not want me to provide any letter/ report and it made no difference to the premium.

Shop around if you feel your not getting a fair deal. I can PM you the name of my insurers if that's any use. Good luck! Iris x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Mark are you registered disabled with the DVL as that could make a difference ,to your premium that comes direct from a broker sat next to me right now
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Mark,
    I'm sure it won't matter a bit, but if its worrying you, phone the DVLA, that might give you peace of mind and make sure that you are on the right side. I've been medically retired and still drive. My husband is diabetic and he was advised to tell them and his insurance company, as diabetics can become have times when they are not 'with it' or even unconcious. They said all they'd do was to note it and not to worry.
    Love Sue
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Phew...thanks all,i just went online to check and panicked a bit which isn't like me.
    I am a little on edge at the moment. :?