My First Steroid Injection Over

Options
breane
breane Member Posts: 392
edited 27. Jan 2010, 14:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,Had my steroid injection this morning for the bad shoulder pain and although the pain is in both shoulders my Gp said the one injection should help both shoulders. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will work as I know it doesn't work for everyone.Hopefully tonight I will get a better nights sleep.He's kept me on the Naproxen and Omeprazole.Anyone know if it's safe to be on those drugs for long peroids of time? Breane

Comments

• wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Breane, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the steroid works for you. Whenever I've had an injection, other joints have felt the benefit so hopefully yours will too. It can take a day or 2 to really feel an improvement, so don't worry if tonight it feels a tad sore still.

Sorry, can't help with Naproxen. Never taken it.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    although i've changed my meds now, i was on naproxen for about a yr, only changed because it didn't seem to be working ant more, i think that as long as you take stomach protectors you should be fine.
    maybe someone else can help more?!
    sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Breane,

I also will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope they have a really good effect for you. I have my neck done with medrone every so often and topped up every 2 or 3 months with cortizone and well I find it really good and so much better than how it used to be :D

I think they can keep you on that for a long time and if your worried ask the gp next time you see him maybe? I have been on diclo's and omprozole for years and I think the Naproxen is a lot safer? Take care Cris
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Breane,

Hope you get a good night sleep - fingers mentally crossed for you cos they hurt too much to do it physically.

Take care xxxxx

Eve
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Breane
    Well done you!!!
    Let's hope it works.

You will be ok I am sure on your meds for a while - check with your GP next time you are in or the chemist.
    Good luck
    Toni xx