help! whats wrong with my fingers?

Options
karenjane
karenjane Member Posts: 90
edited 28. Jan 2010, 03:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Struggling to type as have developed really sore finger tips on thumbs and 1st 3 fingers on both hands?.. throbbing under the nail and all around the top! - just came on an hour ago - has anyone had this?..

Karen
x

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Can't remember having that specifically, when my hands are painful it's comes from the joints .....maybe it's your end/top finger joints and feels as though it's under your nails :?

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • postal12
    postal12 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Hi Karen,

Can't remember having that specifically, when my hands are painful it's comes from the joints .....maybe it's your end/top finger joints and feels as though it's under your nails :?

Luv Legs :)
    Hi Karen
    I went to see the Physiotherapist yesterday as I have RA and PA and she asked me whether I get any tingling. I do at the top of two fingers and one is under the nail. She explained to me that the inflammation in my wrist is pushing on the nerves. Hopefully, it may go in time.

Hope this helps.

Love Angie
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi,Lately I've been getting something similar to you.During the night and early mornings I can't make my hand into a fist and the middle finger is painful and tingly. :( The tingling is on both middle fingers.Last night it was particularly painful and the tingling felt sore.I will mention it to the rheumy nurse when I next see her but perhaps someone else on here can give you more advice. Breane.x
  • karenjane
    karenjane Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for everyones reply - Breane, I had it all thro the night last night as well - very strange, I cant put any pressure on the nail or at the sides at the top of the finger as its so sore esp the thumbs. Feel low today as as well as that my joint under my big toe is really painfull and hurts to walk or touch it - tired i think as i didn't get much sleep.

Karen
    xx