Elna says a big thank you for all the good wishes :)

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 30. Jan 2010, 12:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all your good wishes for my TKR operation on the thread Linda (Legs) so kindly started for me at the beginning of the week. Thank you so very much Linda. You are a star. :D In fact you all are, each and every one of you. :D I started to reply to the thread, but so many more people joined in so I thought I would reply later on in the week, never ever thinking there would be so many. I loved some of the comments! :lol::lol:

The forum is definitely my second home. :D I get withdrawal symptoms if I am away from the forum for too long. The pc is upstairs and I cannot walk past the room without having a look to see what is going on. I enjoy trying to help others, it makes me feel useful. I was made redundant a few years ago, after being six years in a job I enjoyed and that made me feel pretty useless but that has all changed since I joined the forum in 2007. I have learnt quite a lot in that time about the different forms of arthritis and how it can affect people’s lives and characters so drastically.

Thank you again, I shall miss you all while I am away and I look forward to being back, hopefully by the middle of next week. :)

I shall call in tomorrow every now and again as often as I am able (I have not started packing yet - I hate doing that :roll: ) and I hope you will all be good children whilst I am away, looking after yourselves and each other and having fun on the chitchat zone as well. I know I can rely on all of you :wink::D:lol:

Keep on, keeping on,

Love to you all
Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options

One last angel hug Elna. I will be thinking of you. Hurry back.......Ange. n015.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

You will be missed and I just sending more hopes and ((( )))'s. Hope it all goes well and see you soon. Love Cris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna, 014.gif
    Just think your new knee will be up and running for spring .
    Love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I will try to be good but I cant promise, especially coming on here chit chat zone which brings the worst out of me.We will miss your wise, kind words but thankfully it is only for a little while. We will see you soon.
    Love from
    Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Elna

It was a lovely gesture of Linda to start this post. Going into hospital with such lovely words and good wishes can only be a positive thing.

I will miss reading your posts on the forum.

Once again all the best for your TKR.

Warmest regards
    Sharmaine
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Good luck Elna! I'll try not to burn any wheat bags while you are away.
    xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw, you are all just so delightful! :D

Dear Sharmaine,

We shall do a good wishes thread for you, my lovely, for sure. The date for your TKR operation is firmly ingrained in my one brain cell. :D

Love

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Elna,

Good luck for tomorrow.

love Anne xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Good luck hope all goes well for you from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    good luck Elnaxxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Good luck. Thinking of you!
    xxxx
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Elna,

i080.gif

Good luck hun, will be thinking of you.

Jackie xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    We'll miss you Elna you always have good, kind, wise words for all you make us realise our own value.

Good luck and hurry back.

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    hurry back with your new knee!

we'll try to behave but you know us well enough to know that we can't always manage it :wink::lol::lol::lol:

hugs (((((((((())))))))))))))
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :D:lol::lol: That is what makes you all so adorable. :D

Thank you Wonky!

Love and hugs
    Elna x

• deemac
    deemac Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Good luck again Elna i will be thinking of you sending you a big hug x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Aw, you are all just so delightful! :D
    Hi Elna

Looking forward to having you back on the forum - you'll be doing the can can with two good knees!! My date is creeping up slowly.
    Pre op for me is on 5 Feb. You may be home by then. Take care of yourself.

My thoughts, prayers are with you.

Sharmaine

Dear Sharmaine,

We shall do a good wishes thread for you, my lovely, for sure. The date for your TKR operation is firmly ingrained in my one brain cell. :D

Love

Elna x