Had a really bad night

Options
snoopydog
snoopydog Member Posts: 10
edited 28. Jan 2010, 12:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

I have RA and have had one of the worst nights so far!

I am taking Methotrexate and have had pains in my chest twice before but last night I could hardly breath. I felt severe pain in my left lung when breathing in. I took 2 Nefopam but this did not ease the pain at all. I also felt headachy and the pain in my feet,legs, hands,shoulders and back was much worse then usual.

I wondered whether anybody else has had similar pain.

Any replies much appreciated

Luv Snoopydog

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Snoops,

I am sorry your had such a bad night and really I think you should just go into your gp and have the once over as well as find out what that was about. I hope your k this morning and well it could be so many things and poss a gp visit will help? I hope it doesn't do it again to you. Cris x
  • snoopydog
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Chris.

I phoned the GP and she said I need to see my rheumy to find out if it is linked to my RA and then go and see her.

Have made an appointment for tomorrow so my hubby can take me.

Luv Snoopy
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    snoopydog wrote:
    Hi

I have RA and have had one of the worst nights so far!

I am taking Methotrexate and have had pains in my chest twice before but last night I could hardly breath. I felt severe pain in my left lung when breathing in. I took 2 Nefopam but this did not ease the pain at all. I also felt headachy and the pain in my feet,legs, hands,shoulders and back was much worse then usual.

I wondered whether anybody else has had similar pain.

Any replies much appreciated

Luv Snoopydog

I use to get these a lot too. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. Then wondered if it was the start of a chest infection.
    The pain went right round my diaphram. Almost as if the liver had gone into contraction. I have found that if I have taken my MTX and I am cold or get cold during the 24 hours after taking it, then this happens. I mentioned it to my Rheumy nurse and she didn't seem bothered and wondered what I was on about. Had never heard of it happening before. With you experiencing it, it makes you wonder doesn't it?
    Joy
  • snoopydog
    Options
    Did you get any explanation for your pain Joy?

I was really worried and wondered whether I was having a heart attack or something as I had never felt pain like this before lasting for about 2 hours.

I'm still feeling very unwell at the moment although the pain has subsided.

Snoopy x