Good Luck Deemac for your TKR :)

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 4. Feb 2010, 07:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
It is perhaps a little early to start this thread but as many of you know, I shall not be on the forum for a few days as from later on today.

Deemac is having a TKR on 5 February. She very kindly sent good wishes to me for my op which is going ahead this afternoon and I was especially touched because she is very new to the forum.

I would like to start the ball rolling and wish you all the very best and a speedy recovery Deemac and I look forward to seeing your name on the forum, afterwards.

Love and gentle hugs
Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elna,

You have a good night and well see you soon. ((( ))) love Cris and this lot :wink: xx

Hi Deemac,

I really hope it goes well for you and that your soon home and don't forget to come and tell us your back please. Cris x
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Deemac, wishing you all the very best for the tkr.

All the best to you, too, Elna, and thank you for your thoughtfulness in starting this thread.

Jean123 and the Forum Team
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    wishing you well Deemac hope all goes well x
    i am waiting for my date to come through xx

hope all goes well today Elna and you re back soon xxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Thank you, Bertyboy, today is the day.......

When that letter arrives, please don't keep it a secret from us, we like to know these things and will want to send support and good wishes to you. It does help. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    thank you so much Elna i still feel some folks close to home dont believei need it doing xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Very very very Good luck to you Elna

I will be thinking of you and worrying as you know - you will be very much missed :(

You too Deemac

You both will have everything crossed by me till I hear from you.

NOW

Which one of you will be first to post???? n025.gif

No idea what is happening here but let's assume its you two with your feet up.

Take it steady
    Love
    Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    I shall be away now, all your lovely people and so it is out with the old and in with the new, for me this afternoon....... I bet you are all enjoying cups of tea and coffee aren't you? Well, you enjoy them, the last food and drink I was allowed this morning was at 6.00 am!!!!

Look after each other,

Love
    Elna x

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you Deemac on the 5th, please keep us posted, when you feel up to it, as everyon'e experience differs.

k010.gif

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hope your op goes very well Deemac

I have recently joined the bionic species (hip replacement)
    There are lots of us around eh?

Good luck and best wishes

Kath
  • deemac
    deemac Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you for your good luck wishes, and to you Elna for starting them. ( you will be at the hospital now i expect ) This forum is so friendly and informative. I have learnt a lot of what to expect for my op on here (still a bit nervous though). luv Dee xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    deemac wrote:
    Thank you for your good luck wishes, and to you Elna for starting them. ( you will be at the hospital now i expect ) This forum is so friendly and informative. I have learnt a lot of what to expect for my op on here (still a bit nervous though). luv Dee xx

I had my TKR almost three years ago Dee, and it, quite simply, gave me back my life. If I can be of any help, please let me know.

You`ve still got almost a week, but sincere good wishes to you......Ange.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    deemac wrote:

Yes Dee
    It is this afternoon.
    She prob already out and in recovery by now knowing her showing them all what to do :D:D
    Toni x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    best wishes from me too

I hope your op goes well and that you get the positive benefits so many have received afterwards

hugs
    Wonky
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Dee,

Just wishing you luck again and hope it goes well and you soon have the benefits so many find it gives. Let us know when your home. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi dee

won't be long now :) I hope you are all ready and that it goes really really well.

Hi Elna :):)

I hope it has gone well for you too. Missing you lots on the forums :(:(
    look forward to hearing how you are doing
    Lots of love
    Toni xx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Good luck Dee,

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

Lois x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Deemac
    Good luck for your TKR on 5 February - only 2 days to go.

Elna, I hope you're back with us soon and your TKR went ok.

Sharmaine
    X
    elnafinn wrote:
    It is perhaps a little early to start this thread but as many of you know, I shall not be on the forum for a few days as from later on today.

Deemac is having a TKR on 5 February. She very kindly sent good wishes to me for my op which is going ahead this afternoon and I was especially touched because she is very new to the forum.

I would like to start the ball rolling and wish you all the very best and a speedy recovery Deemac and I look forward to seeing your name on the forum, afterwards.

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
  • deemac
    deemac Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind wishes. Well my bag is packed and i am ready ( i think ) Nothing to eat after 7am tomorrow arrive at hospital for 11 so it will all be over by late afternoon. I look forward to catching up with you all when i am back home. Bye for now and take care Dee xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hello Dee, my lovely!

I arrived home last night but felt too bushed to call in on here although I have been thinking of everyone and this is the first post I am replying to, as your name was at the top!!

You are going in as I am back home - like ships in the night :lol::lol: you will be ok and look forward to hearing from you on your return. Do as you are told, ask as many questions as you wish and ring that bell should you be in pain or need help. That is what the staff are there for. Wishing you well,

Love
    Elna x

• skezier
    Options
    Hi Dee,

You will be fine flower and good luck. Cris x

Hi Elna,

Am I glad to see you, hope it went ok and your over the worse now? ((( ))) Love and xx