early mornings

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 29. Jan 2010, 05:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello to all, I have found recently that i have been waking up at really silly time like today at 2.30am and am unable to get back to sleep. Thank goodness for the internet and Audio books which i have been using for a while. Allthough i am an avid reader, these Audio books are really good way of relaxing. i get a nice cup of Horlicks and try to get comfortable as possible and settle down with a good book to listen to. At the moment I am listening to Ranulth Fiennes. Mad, Bad and dangerous to Know which is really good but the list of audio books ia endless and have brought me a little sanity in my new mad world. I have sort of became used to the Pain now having had it for over a year now, I think that it has took what it can from me and I am trying to get on with life now. Well thats my input for a while. I hope everyone a painless future (doubt It) and a very good moening. :?

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good morning to you too, John,

It is good that you have found ways to pass the time enjoyably when you are woken in the early hours because of pain. I usually get really annoyed when it happens to me and that is not the best attitude to take, is it? I think to myself, I know I will be able to sleep when it is time to wake up. :roll: Everyone else is in the land of nod, why not me? :x Yours is a much better way of coping, getting a hot drink and listening to a good book and relaxing the best you can.

I am awake early this morning because I have to be, today, not through choice!!

It is good to hear from you, John, you have the right attitude and I admire you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    moning John
    like you i can be awake at silly times i tend to find my self in the shower with altrnating hot and cold on my knees ,and then a hot drink and the lappy for F B games sad i know ,i like the idea of the audio books so might give them a go xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi was reading leaflet while waiting to pick up prescription and it was saying that some people can block most of the pain out either with meditation or finding something else for the mind to concentrate on not tried it but do think i will . actually think we do as we come on here and help each other out stops us thinking about the pain and discomfort. so there might be something in it
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am the same Handsy. Even though I go to bed exhausted I wake up at some dark,early hour and never go back to sleep.I am also used to the pain it just becomes part of your life although I had some very bad times which couldnt be ignored and were awful to deal with.
    I should get up and do the ironing or go on the laptop at night but I feel too tired to do anything so just lay there thinking I will drop off at some point but I dont.
    What a life!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i seem to wake up either at something daft like 2am or 4am or my least favourite, waking up 10 mins before the alarm goes off, not sure why i get more annoyed by waking just before the alarm though!!
    sue
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    As an avid reader, I too am thinking of starting with the audio books John. My son bought me an Ipod thingy for Christmas, but I haven`t worked out how to use it yet! I`m a bit of a dinosaur, with all this techno stuff.

I also wanted to say how delighted I was to read your post. I remember replying to some of your very first ones, and now here you are, so positive, and giving good advice to others.........Ange.