Docs question

Options
rosyred
rosyred Member Posts: 150
edited 29. Jan 2010, 11:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone.

Just wonderd how often u all seeur doctor?

Im begining to feel as i shouldent worry him all the time and just get on with the pain and pills he has given me!

phyio said she wouldent touch me cause i was in pain and swollen.

waiting to see OT would she no who else i can talk to?

ie.. pain clinic ? or is pain clinic for ppl with RA as i have OA in both knees.
We have a mineral hospital in bath avon.... havent a clue really whats it is. just was asked if i had been refured to it yet by a lovely lady i bumped into yesterday.
thk for advice xxxx

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rosyred wrote:
    Hi everyone.

Just wonderd how often u all seeur doctor?

Im begining to feel as i shouldent worry him all the time and just get on with the pain and pills he has given me!

phyio said she wouldent touch me cause i was in pain and swollen.

waiting to see OT would she no who else i can talk to?

ie.. pain clinic ? or is pain clinic for ppl with RA as i have OA in both knees.
    We have a mineral hospital in bath avon.... havent a clue really whats it is. just was asked if i had been refured to it yet by a lovely lady i bumped into yesterday.
    thk for advice xxxx

I haven't seen my doc for about 18mths no point really , I am on meds that he prescribed and I know my pain is increasing because my left hip is deteriorating , there isn't anything much he can do so I don't bother him...pain clinic is for anyone as far as I know so you could ask to be refered...but they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know to be honest..but everyone is different so it might help you. I feel that if I bother the doc all the time he won't take it seriously when I really need help...just my opinion and I am sure others deal differently with things..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Dear Rosyred
    If you are in pain then you need to see your GP. Of course he can help you or refer you to someone who can help you.
    e.g. The Pain clinic. The OT department are very helpful and sympathetic and you can learn a lot on how to help yourself during your most painful moments.
    It is not a question of just getting on with it. Next time you see your GP or Rheumy have a list of questions ready as you would do ifyou were seeing the Pain Clinic aswell. I wasn't happy with my first appointment with the Pain Clinic I must admit, because they wanted to put me on Clonazepam antidepressents. These made me feel terrible. In fact, all antidepressents make me feel worse so I don't bother with them. I feel I can cope without them.
    I am now on Tramadol Slow Release and Pregabelin, which is a nerve drug. As you say, we are all different and in that respect, you need to keep seeing your Rheumy, GP or Pain Clinic until you get the right mix of medication to help keep your RA, PA or OA in order.

Joy
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I try not to pester him to much but recently went to see him due to a flare and it was the first time in about 3 months that I had been, all that time I had been in a fair amount of pain, but just hung on not wanting to make a fuss, but when I saw him he thought I had been having a really pain free time seeming I hadn't seen or called him!, you can't win!.

As for pain clinic if your GP is switched on to all the types of pain relief pain clinic wont be any better than him, well that was what I found anyway.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi Rosy
    I stay well awaY!!!
    Hate going and feel llike a pain in the b*m!!!
    pain clinics I would try as another opinion can be very useful. Some people have had their pain releif all swapped round and to good effect.
    If you feel the meds you are having now are not doing enough -it's worth a try?
    Take care
    Rosy
    Love
    Toni x
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Thk u all for ur repplys.

I havent got a rhumy nurse!! :oops: where do i get one of them 2?

Yes i might just make an appointment for bp. cause im am on bp tablets think there to strong now 10mg as i keep going dizzy when i have taken them ... Hummmm im sure u lot are fed up with me atm keep asking questions and so on . Sorry :oops:

Have a grt weekend all of u and i do hope its pain free one xxx