Second swine flu jab

jojo12
jojo12 Member Posts: 30
edited 6. Feb 2010, 19:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got a surprise when visiting my GP to-day when a 'pop up' appeared on his screen telling him that I should have a second jab against swine flu as I was on Methotrexate. The original jab was a single one not requiring a second ,but as Methotrexate compromises the ammune system, I went ahead and had this done.

Comments

• lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, When I had my swine flu jab in December, the nurse said I might have to have another jab (due to me taking Methotrexate and Leflunomide). One of my friends who also has RA got called back the end of December for another jab but I havent heard a thing. Wonder if I should ask. How many others have just had one jab?

lizzie
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    i had 2 jabs, the nurse made the appointment for the 2nd jab as soon as i'd had the 1st one. no escape for me!
    sue
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    I Knew from the outset that I needed two jabs - each 3 weeks apart.

I thought that everyone with a compromised immune system had to have two jabs.

Perhaps there are two sorts of jab though, as my dad (diabetic) only had to have one jab.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, I knew that i had to have the 2nd jab, I was supposed to have mine during the really icy weather, I couldn't get out and so it was postponed, now they won't do it because it is too late, so I have a doctors appt on tuesday to discuss whether I can get it enough love Jaspercatxx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    When I had the first one the Dr. said they'd call me for a 2nd. I never heard a thing from them but since the whole pandemic thing has died down I'm not too bothered. Someone else said I'd be 70% covered by the 1 I've had so I'll leave it at that.
  • dutchess
    dutchess Member Posts: 79
    I had the jab twice within a two week period due to being on methotrexate and immune compromised. I only found this out when I had the first one and mentioned I was on metho and nurse said I'd need a second one. hat was back in November and nurse said gov had just decided that immuno compromised needed two jabs. TThink theres info on the jabs on official gov websites. As there is also two types of the jab aswell. All very confusing, Best to speak with gp.
    Take care
    Luv Kelly
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    I decided not to have my second one. I heard a report that it was making children ill on the second jab me and so had ours the same time. It made me think i would not risk it as if it was making them ill what would it do to me. It is up to the individual to decide ask your gp about it or nurse from joanne
    Joanne
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    gps get payment for each vaccine! just a thought...