neck /physio

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
hi had fall in summer neck never settled down properly when used it for anything hard it shakes. saw doc and she said need physio on it as nerve trapped and movement not good. first sesion went well slight feeling of light headedness after but only lasted 1 hour. second visit head felt much worse even though physio did not manipulate it much so phoned them they said rest if any worse go doc or a&e. she phoned me couple of days before due to go back to see how i was doing. on visit she just examined it talked to me and said keep up exercise ect at home but she would leave it alone as it was improving and we might have pushed it to far she is going to phone me this week . but here is the problem my neck is killing but then so is every other joint in my body started sat and not settled down feel awfull sat whith wheat bag on neck and light headed when moving about so can neck be arther lol or is it in sympathy with rest of me wish i knew have made app. with my gp but can not see her till 16th if things get any worse will see different doc . have you any sugestions ??????
val

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Arthritis in the neck can be a tricky thing to deal with especially the light headedness. I would follow the physio's advice and rest for the moment. Don't get up or move your neck suddenly and lie with only one pillow to keep your neck & head in a straight line. Use your relaxation techniques to reduce tension in your neck & shoulder muscles.
    A stressful situation like this can often cause other joints to play up and you're probably not moving them as much as usual.
    It does sound as if your symptoms are getting worse and you might need to go to your GP soon even if it means seeing a different doctor.
    You might benefit from a referral to a Pain Clinic.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thanks for advice will do as you sugest and make app for different doc do not want to leave it and make things worse
    val