Questions questions!

Options
karenjane
karenjane Member Posts: 90
edited 1. Feb 2010, 10:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Following my first appointment on Friday with the Rheumy and the verdict that i have inflamed joints that may settle down or develop into something else and all your great replys i have contacted the clinic today and the consultant is going to call me back later today to go through it all with me and explain everything.

His secretary said to have a list of questions at the ready... sooooo... can anyone help me with what i should ask him when he calls.

Thank you again!

Karen
x

Comments

• stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    1) What's your favourite colour?
    2) Who do you think should win Dancing on Ice?
    3) Do you think we are going to get any more snow?

Tee hee

4) Prognosis?
    5) What you can do in the meantime?
    6) Pain relief?
    7) Exercise?
    8) Appointment to see a physio? Occ therapist?
    9) Where to find useful information?
    10) Going any where nice on holiday this year?

:-)
  • karenjane
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: - Ooh dancing on ice!... missed the result show, who went out?..

Thanks for those suggestions have written them down - well, not all of them! :wink:

Karen
    x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Someone told me Gordon Ramsey’s wife but I don't know if that’s true :wink: Could you ask him will we have a good sunny summer as well please :lol:

The real ones I think anything that is worrying you no matter how silly it seems to you to ask as well as the above really. I never remember to ask so much and well I then make my own answers and its often better to get the facts rather than do it my way :wink: Hope your soon sorted. Cris x
  • karenjane
    Options
    Thanks Chris - I went in with lots of questions written down but never got round to going thro them - I just sat their a bit dumb really! :lol: - Like you i've been making my own answers and getting a bit confused. I'll update you all once he's called.

Many thanks

Karen
    x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Karen

Ask what treatment options there are

What should you be doing to herlp youreslf - excercise etc

What further tests might you need/could you have

What does he suspect id wrong?

That sort of thing???

Well done for this Karen and good luck

Toni x
  • karenjane
    Options
    Thanks Toni - I've added yours to my list, have a long list now thanks to you all - He was a little vague and i just sat there not really saying anything! :oops:

I have a little noddule thing on my hand and he felt it and wrote something down but didn't comment - I did ask why i had numbness and muscle spasms in my hands he just said it was all to do with inflamation :?

Anyway, the girl i spoke to today at the clinic said not to be embarressed and that he was really nice and would explain everything so fingers crossed!

Karen
    x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Will be watching out for you! :wink:
    Good luck
    Toni x
  • caprica
    caprica Member Posts: 195
    Options
    I would just make sure I kept him/her on the phone until I was happy with the answers and my worries were calmed a bit. So yeah, I'd say, ask anything that's on your mind, however small you might think it is! Can't hurt to ask. And also if they give you a short/vague answer, push further and ask them to explain or elaborate. I got a bit flummoxed when I was speaking to a nurse and she used a medical term I didnt understand but I was nervous so I didn't ask at the time and then 10 minutes later I had to call back and ask again.lol I felt a bit silly.

Wishing you luck!