I'm so happy

illihor
illihor Member Posts: 283
edited 3. Feb 2010, 16:29 in My child has arthritis
This past week has been a total mixture of emotions. Last Tuesday I had a call from school saying kayleigh was in so much pain etc. She was starting to feel pretty bad but Friday came along and she had her 4th dose of mtx and since then she's turned a corner.

Has anyone heard of the injections stinging as that's what the nurse said on Friday as she screamed the place down.

Anyway today she had her swimming lesson and omg was like watching a different child. She climbed out and jumped in herself, she sat on the side by herself and it was like watching my old kayleigh back again before all this started. Brought tears to my eyes to see and even the swim instructor was so pleased :)

Saw her consultant today and she is very pleased with her progress. We're still doing hydro and physio wants to show her the gym on Friday to improve her muscle strength. She is so much happier in herself although her appetite is non existant which they think is due to mtx.

But this is one happy and emotional mummy today.

Michelle xxx

Comments

• chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Michelle,

Im so happy for you and Kayleigh. :):):):):)

I have had the Depomedrone (steroid) injections and they do help with the pain. I still remember the first time I had it. I went from severe pain to jumping and even going on tip toes. Can't do that anymore lol - toes fused.

Hope all keeps improving for Kayleigh and your family. ((( hugs ))))

Love x
    Eve
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    So glad to hear this. I hope MTX proves to be the drug your daughter responds to.
  • shannonsmum
    shannonsmum Member Posts: 68
    Hi, I was so pleased to read that Kayleigh is starting to feel better, it is so nice to see them happy again....i remember it well. ((hugs ))

Does Kayleigh have the cold spray before they inject??

Shannon has a choice of either the numbing cream( this takes 30mins to work so not possible to use as we have the school issue) , the cold spray ( this is what we use it just numb the area for a few seconds it really works as sometimes the nurses spray and inject and shannon doesnt feel a thing other times they are a bit silly and forget where they spray and go in slightly higher and shannon hits the roof!!! (not so good) but on a whole its really good, or the other without anything.....no possible!!!!

Hope the mtx continues to work as good as it has.

Take Care
    Sam
    xx
    illihor wrote:
    This past week has been a total mixture of emotions. Last Tuesday I had a call from school saying kayleigh was in so much pain etc. She was starting to feel pretty bad but Friday came along and she had her 4th dose of mtx and since then she's turned a corner.

Has anyone heard of the injections stinging as that's what the nurse said on Friday as she screamed the place down.

Anyway today she had her swimming lesson and omg was like watching a different child. She climbed out and jumped in herself, she sat on the side by herself and it was like watching my old kayleigh back again before all this started. Brought tears to my eyes to see and even the swim instructor was so pleased :)

Saw her consultant today and she is very pleased with her progress. We're still doing hydro and physio wants to show her the gym on Friday to improve her muscle strength. She is so much happier in herself although her appetite is non existant which they think is due to mtx.

But this is one happy and emotional mummy today.

Michelle xxx
  • lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    wow hun i am soooooooo happy she seems better. Lucy has only had one oral dose so far, have not seen any positive results, but on the plus side she did not be sick lol!!!

I hope things continue to get better for u both!!

how long after her inital apointment did she start physio, because as of now we r yet to hear from them about Lucy and she could really do with going
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    Thanks everyone. Kayleigh doesn't have anything before the injection but I'm def going to ask about it as she gets really upset about it all I think cold spray would be better for her. Her legs are bruised from them it's her right leg this week but she's still got the bruise from 2 weeks ago :(

As for physio from initial appointment it was Ermmm well 1/12 initial appointment 10/12 we went Bristol hossie she had first lot of steroid pulses we met physio during this time but nothing done saw her again on 23/12 to start physio and 30/12 hydro was started.

I would call up consultant or perhaps physio department to find out what's happening.

We've got the occupational therapist tomorrow trying to think of things she needs help with def walking or lack of she doesn't fit the pushchair we have :( he also wants to go into the school and speak with them.