Bradford Factor.........what is it?

Options
parky2
parky2 Member Posts: 52
Hi Guys

Well I have gone back to work after another absence of 4 weeks :roll: My absence was recorded as Arthritis Related. I had my back to work interview with my boss today and he said he had been advised by HR that my absense had triggered something called the Bradford Factor I told him I didnt know what that was and he said........well no neither do I.

Can anyone tell me what it is and what it means?

Also he emailed me a letter today (that I think he was supposed to have sent me when I was off) to say that I actually shouldnt have been paid for last month as I had exhausted my entitlement to company sick pay and he would be in touch to arrange repayment of my overpayment. Was kind of expecting this but he wasnt able to tell me if I would be entitled to SSP.

So Im kinda confused. Can anyone help?

Ta
Linz xox

Comments

• markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    parky2 wrote:
    Hi Guys

Well I have gone back to work after another absence of 4 weeks :roll: My absence was recorded as Arthritis Related. I had my back to work interview with my boss today and he said he had been advised by HR that my absense had triggered something called the Bradford Factor I told him I didnt know what that was and he said........well no neither do I.

Can anyone tell me what it is and what it means?

Also he emailed me a letter today (that I think he was supposed to have sent me when I was off) to say that I actually shouldnt have been paid for last month as I had exhausted my entitlement to company sick pay and he would be in touch to arrange repayment of my overpayment. Was kind of expecting this but he wasnt able to tell me if I would be entitled to SSP.

So Im kinda confused. Can anyone help?

Ta
    Linz xox

A little bit of help...in the prison service its called the Bradford fomula but its complicated (suprise suprise)its so after so many days off work sick it triggers warnings etc.If your abscence is due to dda related illness i don't think you get the warnings but still trigger half pay.Thats what happened to me.

I'm sure someone can tell you the formula, ask HR it will find them something to do! :wink: