Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 5. Feb 2010, 17:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi you lot has anyone on here seen the film Avatar, if so what did they think of it?, I plan to go to see the 3 D version with my nipper tonight so wondered if it was worth it?? :?:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mell
    I LOVED it!!
    Saw it in 3D with the kids a vouple pof weeks ago - you know they don't clap at the end of films anynore in cinemas? Well this time they did!
    2 and a half hours long and I didn'y go to sleep
    Toni x
    PS enjoy yourself
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks all I'll pop in to see it then!, won't be going tonight though next showing is at 8,30 Hannah needs to get up for school in the morning, normally it's almost imposible to wake her on a normal day so will go Friday!.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I read somewhere that lots of people have suffered quite severe withdrawal symptoms after seeing Avatar, especially in 3D. Apparently, the real world seems dull and boring in comparison, and they long to be back in the film :!: :shock: It causes them to feel dissatisfied with their lives.

You have been warned :!: :shock: :shock:

Don't think I will risk it :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i saw it and it was great well worth it went to 3d glasses only cost 80p thought that good value.
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I read somewhere that lots of people have suffered quite severe withdrawal symptoms after seeing Avatar, especially in 3D. Apparently, the real world seems dull and boring in comparison, and they long to be back in the film :!: :shock: It causes them to feel dissatisfied with their lives.

That is interesting Joan. Was planning to take oldest son but he changed his mind about going.Incidently my daughter is frightened of the Tinkerbell and the lost treasure I just bought her! She hides her eyes during the film.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    I saw it a few weeks ago fantastic.
    and ladies the main guy in it is good looking :wink: , well i liked him anyway.
    sure that wont interest you Mellman, but the film is very good :lol:
  • valval
    Options
    page35 wrote:

i noticed him as well lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

That is interesting Joan. Was planning to take oldest son but he changed his mind about going.Incidently my daughter is frightened of the Tinkerbell and the lost treasure I just bought her! She hides her eyes during the film.
    Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth

When I was taken to see The Wizard of Oz when I was a child, I was terrified of the tin man, and hid under the seat in the cinema. But I also hid behind a deckchair on the beach, because I was scared of the sea :!: :shock: :shock:
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Gill and i would have loved to have seen Avatar but no way could sit there for best part of one hour nevermind three lol. Oh well have to wait for the bluray release same goes for descent part 2, sherlock holmes etc etc :cry:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:
    page35 wrote:

Hi Val

Is that the reason why so many women want to go back into the film :?: And in 3D too :!: :lol:
  • valval
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    valval wrote:
    page35 wrote:

Hi Val

Is that the reason why so many women want to go back into the film :?: And in 3D too :!: :lol:

well could be but it was fab would watch it again it so well done a must see in 3d seen clips in 2d but no where as good
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Going today at 5 val. got me 3 D specks already!, a mate has lent them to me!. :mrgreen:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Let us know what you think about the film Mell,

Enjoy

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Let us know what you think about the film Mell,

Enjoy

Elizabeth

WOW really good in 3D, I thought it was going to be like Halo 3 ie just an HD computer game type of film, but it's a lot more than that, really good,plots basic but it really works, if you go see it in 3D don't bother with 2D, it's odd but the people/creatures are so life like you forget it's just CGI.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it :D