Takes my breath away

2»

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    delboy wrote:
    A Kingfisher on a canal would be like Gordon Brown entering Britain's Got Talent, extremely unlikely. :lol:

There again artistic licence allows you do put whatever you want wherever you want. :wink:

why :?:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    joyful164 wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    A Kingfisher on a canal would be like Gordon Brown entering Britain's Got Talent, extremely unlikely. :lol:

There again artistic licence allows you do put whatever you want wherever you want. :wink:

I don't know what you mean delboy?
    I'll have you know that I saw one when we were going along the canal near Rugby last year. Also saw one the year before when we were going along the opposite arm towards Welford Leicestershire/Northamptonshire border.

Joy

You tell 'im, Joy :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • countessheather
    countessheather Member Posts: 114
    Joan I think we all feel like you do - I call these my `magic moments' when it feels like the hand of God touches you.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I think that we can only thank British Waterways and Preservation Groups who work hard to make the rivers and canals far more pleasant than they were, say, 25 years ago. Canals around towns and countryside are full of wildlife now, when they weren't before. I like to watch all the programmes on TV about nature and there have been a lot of programmes about our waterways too, with presenters and actors rowing, sailing down rivers, from where they start and finish such as The Thames. What a change that has seen and so beautiful now, even in the City itself.(I'm giving a lecture here Joan)
    What I am trying to say is, because of the improvements, we are going to see a lot more of these and other rare birds in the country, towns and even cities. I think, as an artist, I know how to see things. That sounds a bit like bragging, but it is just a matter of looking at things in a new light.
    And there, I rest my case.

Joy