no inflimation

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
hi got results back from blood test i had done when joints were bad tuseday. the thing is they show no inflimation so rhummy nurse says it oa but to still come and see rhummy doc in march what i did forget to ask was do i still take the anti inflam tabs take two types so would love to stop them if do not need them any more . think will prob phone doc in morning to ask her if can get her right knee still swollen and hips still not right but at least know it not inflimation
val

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Valval,

I am glad to hear you got your results back and at least you know a bit more about what is going on. It would be best to double check with your GP what you now need to be taking as you still may need to take something to manage your pain and help bring the inflammation down. It may also be worth asking for a referral to a physiotherapist if you haven’t done so already? As this will help maintain your muscle strength and keep your range of motion.

We also have some information that may be helpful on the following link, in particular the ‘Living with osteoarthritis’, ‘Exercise and arthritis’, ‘Healthy eating and arthritis’ and ‘Coping with Pain’ booklets will be worth looking at : http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets

Best wishes
    Jaslin
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi thanks gp had not heard lol so she gave me the no for consultant and they found out for me got to keep taking them as they r working so at least know bit more about what going on thanks for linc will look at it
    val