It's so exciting!!

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 10. Feb 2010, 07:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

As Valentine's Day approaches, my thoughts are turning to love.

Which do think is the most exciting :?: :?:

a) To be unaware that someone is in love with you who you would love to be in love with you.

b) To be aware of the possibility that the person who you would love to be in love with you might be in love with you.

c) To find a way to let the person who you would love to be in love with you know that you would love them to be in love with you.

d) To discover that the person who you would love to be in love with you inspires you so much that you are filled with regret when the conversation ends.

e) To have a long-distance relationship that lasts longer than the distance.

Answers on a heart-shaped postcard please :!: :wink: :P

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi

As Valentine's Day approaches, my thoughts are turning to love.

Which do think is the most exciting :?: :?:

a) To be unaware that someone is in love with you who you would love to be in love with you.

b) To be aware of the possibility that the person who you would love to be in love with you might be in love with you.

c) To find a way to let the person who you would love to be in love with you know that you would love them to be in love with you.

d) To discover that the person who you would love to be in love with you inspires you so much that you are filled with regret when the conversation ends.

e) To have a long-distance relationship that lasts longer than the distance.

Answers on a heart-shaped postcard please :!: :wink: :P

Joan

Hi Joan,

I won't be able to send a heart shaped card to anyone at least until I'm 80 anyway!
    I think a long distance romance sounds very appealing to me.
    The further away the better. Romance and real love lost it's meaning to me years ago.
    I spent many years working with men and not another female in sight. That was enough to cure me for life. Sorry.
    Steph x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    That made me laugh steff :lol:

we dont celebrate valentines day joan, so i dont think about it. are you expecting to get something nice :D
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I have my phone and email flirtations to keep me going.
    It's nice to have the odd cuddle, holding hands.
    I think to myself that life is too short now to worry about anything that has irritated me before about my OH or the jobs that need doing.
    There may come a day when they are not here anymore and you regret all the days you may have nagged instead of just sitting and enjoying each others company. I now praise for the little things and don't worry anymore.

Joy
  • joanlawson
    edited 8. Feb 2010, 08:57
    Options
    Romance and real love lost it's meaning to me years ago.

Ah, Steph, that is really sad :!: :cry: Never give up on love :!: You don't know when it might appear. Sometimes it comes when you least expect it.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    That made me laugh steff :lol:

we dont celebrate valentines day joan, so i dont think about it. are you expecting to get something nice :D

Aren't we all :?: :?:
  • joanlawson
    edited 8. Feb 2010, 15:30
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    I have my phone and email flirtations to keep me going.
    It's nice to have the odd cuddle, holding hands.
    I think to myself that life is too short now to worry about anything that has irritated me before about my OH or the jobs that need doing.
    There may come a day when they are not here anymore and you regret all the days you may have nagged instead of just sitting and enjoying each others company. I now praise for the little things and don't worry anymore.

Joy

Now you've got me intrigued :!: Phone and email flirtations :?:
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

Ah, Steph, that is really sad :!: :cry: Never give up on love :!: You don't know when it might appear. Sometimes it comes when you least expect it.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!
    DON'T NEED IT!!!!!!!!!
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    i new a man that i tried and tested and fount to be totally faulty

i know a man that is my true sole mate dont need another :D
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Rehab

I read the options several times and still can't get my (very tired) head round them.

I go for Option Nina - sticking with my husband: he's useless at remembering birthdays, anniversaries, valentine's day and mother's day but he does love me and put up with me so I'm not going anywhere :-)

Nx
  • joyful164
    Options
    I think my Valentines day will come in June when we set off for Norway. Apart from my OH, there will be two others going.
    And there are no other females going at present

Now Joan, don't you just love mysteries?

We all like the little flirtations now and again.

Joy
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I would go with b) as it is the only one that has both people possibly being in love with each other. Love should be for two people who feel the same way about each other, one way love simply does not stand the distance or test of time.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    My husband was the most loving man ever, but I never received a gift, or even a card for Valentine`s Day, in nearly forty years.

He told me from the word go, that he would never need just one day a year to show his love. And, he never did......Ange.
  • joanlawson
    edited 8. Feb 2010, 13:08
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Rehab

I read the options several times and still can't get my (very tired) head round them.

I go for Option Nina - sticking with my husband: he's useless at remembering birthdays, anniversaries, valentine's day and mother's day but he does love me and put up with me so I'm not going anywhere :-)

Nx

Hi Nina

Nice to hear from you. Sorry to you and Rehab for making you have to re-read everything.

You think you are confused reading the options :?: Not half as confused as I was writing them :!: :!: :lol::lol: I think I was having a silly half hour or something :!: :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    moonseed wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!
    DON'T NEED IT!!!!!!!!!

Methinks thou doth protest too much :!: :!:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:

i know a man that is my true sole mate dont need another :D

Hi Bertyboy

It sounds as thought he first one was a bad investment, but I'm glad you hit the jackpot with the second :!: :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    My husband was the most loving man ever, but I never received a gift, or even a card for Valentine`s Day, in nearly forty years.

He told me from the word go, that he would never need just one day a year to show his love. And, he never did......Ange.

Hi Ange

Your husband was right, of course. Nearly 40 years was a whole lifetime of love.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I would go with b) as it is the only one that has both people possibly being in love with each other. Love should be for two people who feel the same way about each other, one way love simply does not stand the distance or test of time.

Joseph 8)

Wise words indeed :!:
  • bobbid
    bobbid Member Posts: 85
    Options
    As a single, unattached girl, these are all interesting possibilities for me.

Surely you are not hoping for new romance, Joan; are you not married and have you not been married for a long time?

Bobbi D
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great one Steph - Im cured too!

Only Valentine Cards I send are to my daughters. They can be a pain but I love them.
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Post subject: Posted: 08 Feb 2010 16:08

i know a man that is my true sole mate dont need another

:lol::lol::lol: Berty - did you get your money refunded on the faulty male???

Eve
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    I am with Rehab on this one
    and funnily enough for the same reason....

:shock:

Toni x
  • joyful164
    Options
    hubby tells me he loves me every day, i dont need a card from him to prove how he makes me feel :wink:

Same here Jan. Every day is valentines day for me.

JOY
  • joanlawson
    Options
    bobbid wrote:
    As a single, unattached girl, these are all interesting possibilities for me.

Surely you are not hoping for new romance, Joan; are you not married and have you not been married for a long time?

Bobbi D

No, I was just having a silly half hour when I wrote this, Bobbi. It must be because Spring is in the air :!: :D

Which of the interesting possibilities would you choose :?:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    hubby tells me he loves me every day, i dont need a card from him to prove how he makes me feel :wink:

Hi Jan

No -one NEEDS tokens of love like cards and presents, but isn't it a little bit nice to receive them, especially if you aren't expecting them :?: :?: Is it just me :?: :?:
  • bobbid
    bobbid Member Posts: 85
    Options
    I think I would go for option B at present - it would just be nice to have someone showing some interest in me.

Bobbi D