Desperate times.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 9. Feb 2010, 17:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Good god I have just seen an advert on TV for a company called wonga.com, they do short term loans with an interest rate of 2600+%, what gets me is our leaders i.e. MP’s if they really were really interested in doing the job we elected them to do and that is standing up for the common man then companies like this would be banned, I guess after all we have seen them get up to over the past 10 years or so it’s not surprising they don’t give 2 hoots about anyone but themselves these day’s.

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What worries me most is that there will be people desperate enough to take on these loans and then face the consequences...

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    sign of the times mell, credit credit credit, mind its so hard to actualy save any money , loan sharks always willing to take advantage, there should be a limmit on how much they can charge top wack, say 19% or less :x

i thought you was desperate for a min !!!!! :shock: :lol::lol:

I am I am!!!. :shock:
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Mell,

I agree companies like that should be banned. I also agree - shame on the government since we elected them.

I don't think this labour is the same - hence NEW - labour. I think on certain issues they are more to the right and typical capitalism - lead us into false lifestyle that we can achive when in reality we can't.

Im not allowed to vote anymore yet been here 34 years in Aug. But because Im a Chilean National I cannot have a say or vote in England. They didn't mind taking my money and paying taxes when I worked though.

Sorry went off the subject there - ok leaving the room now - head down - quietly shutting door behind.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Mell
    I have seen that advert too!

I honestly thought that after the crunch, due to overborrowing by those who can't afford it, they wouldnt be allowed :x

Toni x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is really unfair.We need more credit unions, lending at sensible rates.I got a measly £1.28 interest this year on my savings.Previous years,same account,same amount I have had nearly £200 interest.I am going to check it out as I am sure that is too low even with todays measly interest rates.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Mell
    I have seen that advert too!

I honestly thought that after the crunch, due to overborrowing by those who can't afford it, they wouldnt be allowed :x

Toni x

Hi Toni it tells you all you need to know about how the Government veiws the common person, I'm coming to the conclusion were are purely just a revenue stream to be tapped by either them or their close Business associates such as the banks councils and the sub contractor multinational corps that arn't far from the centre of power via the lobbyist set.
    Right that's me ranting over with for a few minutes.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    [Right that's me ranting over with for a few minutes.[/quote]

Hope you feel better now Mell :)
    Toni x
  • mellman01
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    [Right that's me ranting over with for a few minutes.

Hope you feel better now Mell :)
    Toni x[/quote]

No not really Toni!.