Sunny days

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 13. Feb 2010, 10:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Do you find that the weather affects your mood quite dramatically :?: Today has been a lovely sunny day, although still quite cold. I noticed that everyone I met today seemed much more cheerful and chatty. It's a bit as though people are emerging from hibernation at last, and I have felt like that too.

I went on the bus into town, and on the journey, I was aware of all the colours in the passing countryside and the blue sky. Maybe that was the reason, but I made a sudden decision to have my hair highlighted, and it has given me a real boost.

Roll on the Spring, and hopefully more sunny days.

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mmmmm...highlights.....do they do grey ones? It's a thought!

Annie
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I love it when we have sunny days like this. Suddenly you see the trees and their new shoots stretching up to the sun. If it turns cold, wet and windy again, they all shrink down again. You look at them againwhen you go out. And also, I love to see the shades of the new shoots. Reddish, silver ones and lovely pale greens.

When I was work ages ago now. I use to look out at the trees and loved the different colours even in winter. When I mentioned this to a colleague. He said "They looked all brown to him".

joy
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Totally agree with the posts on here. I much prefer a freezing cold day with the sun shining than a warmer day with the rain pouring down.

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Mmmmm...highlights.....do they do grey ones? It's a thought!

Annie

Hi Annie

The highlights hide the grey, but in a subtle way. I had been thinking about it for a while, but suddenly decided on the spur of the moment, and I'm really pleased with the result.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    nice ya feeling so good joan , spur of the moment hair do,s ! you little minx you!! :lol:

Hi Jan

I din't feel much like a little minx before, but I do now :!: :lol: I think I've got Spring in me this week :!: :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    I love it when we have sunny days like this. Suddenly you see the trees and their new shoots stretching up to the sun. If it turns cold, wet and windy again, they all shrink down again. You look at them againwhen you go out. And also, I love to see the shades of the new shoots. Reddish, silver ones and lovely pale greens.

When I was work ages ago now. I use to look out at the trees and loved the different colours even in winter. When I mentioned this to a colleague. He said "They looked all brown to him".

joy

Hi Joy

It is a shame when people are not even aware of the beauty of nature, and all the wonderful variations of colour around us. That is what marks out an artist like you though.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Totally agree with the posts on here. I much prefer a freezing cold day with the sun shining than a warmer day with the rain pouring down.

Nx

Hi Nina

Days which are cold but sunny are less frequent, so that is probably why we value them when they come.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i work in a shop and people r always much nicer when the sun is shining more smiles and much nicer to serve lol
    val
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sunshine definitely cheers everyone up, and the bulbs pushing through the ground are a sign of good things to come!

My rabbits will shortly be acting a bit nutty - a sure sign that spring is in the air!

Joan - a new hairdo always does the trick!

Pheebs x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Val

That proves the point that people are affected by the weather.

It must be that when everything is grey, as it so often is in this country, it makes us feel grey as well. Then when the sun shines, it makes us atomatically feel better and brighter. Perhaps we should have massive lamps on every street corner that we could all go and stand under in winter. Not very environmentally friendly, but definitely people friendly :!: :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    pheebs wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Sunshine definitely cheers everyone up, and the bulbs pushing through the ground are a sign of good things to come!

My rabbits will shortly be acting a bit nutty - a sure sign that spring is in the air!

Joan - a new hairdo always does the trick!

Pheebs x

Hi Pheebs

I love the spring flowers, especially daffodils. They are so bright and cheerful after the winter gloom.

Are your rabbits acting nutty because they are mating, or are they just nutty anyway :?: My cat goes a bit nutty when the sun shines and he races around the garden. Now I come to think of it, I think I go a bit nutty too :!: ( I don't race round the garden though :!: )

The new hairdo has definitely done the trick for me :!: Cheered me up no end :!: :D
  • bobbid
    bobbid Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Joan, I think you have Spring fever a little early!

My cat was all frisky this afternoon, chasing imaginary prey across the lawn and trying to catch his own tail. He loves the sunshine. This time of year he prefers indoors and lies on the sunniest window sill for hours. After Easter he will search out his favourite sun traps in the garden.

Bobbi D
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    ninakang wrote:

Nx

Hello Nina

I agree with you about cold crisp days with sun shining. The other day for instance when we had wall to wall blue sky. Beautiful

Joy
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi Pheebs

I love the spring flowers, especially daffodils. They are so bright and cheerful after the winter gloom.

Are your rabbits acting nutty because they are mating, or are they just nutty anyway :?: My cat goes a bit nutty when the sun shines and he races around the garden. Now I come to think of it, I think I go a bit nutty too :!: ( I don't race round the garden though :!: )

The new hairdo has definitely done the trick for me :!: Cheered me up no end :!: :D[/quote]

Hi again Joan,

My bunnies are all a bit nuts, but spring seems to make them even more amusing!! They are all neutered but sometimes "go through the motions"!! :oops:

Another thing I like about this time of year is that it is no longer dark in the morning when I leave for work. Makes such a difference.

Pheebs x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I went out to a marina the other week and it was a bit of a grey, cold day, all the dog walkers were wandering about with scowls on their faces. I was just sitting in the car happily keeping warm under a blanket.

Now the sun is out, I am stuck in bed due to the aftermath of several consecutive flareups. Warm at least.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Been out Joseph and Cannock is a bit bleak today - not as nice as yesterday.

It is cold too so you might just be in the right place :wink:

You take care

Toni x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Hi Lynn

Battling the elephants? Sooner you than me!

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I went out to a marina the other week and it was a bit of a grey, cold day, all the dog walkers were wandering about with scowls on their faces. I was just sitting in the car happily keeping warm under a blanket.

Now the sun is out, I am stuck in bed due to the aftermath of several consecutive flareups. Warm at least.

Joseph 8)

Under a blanket was the best place to be on a cold grey day, I imagine.

Sorry to hear about your flareups, and I hope you will soon feel better.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    e010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gif

Hi Lynn,

Your about late again..... Hope your ok? do these come in blue as well please :wink: xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lynn,

Sleep seems impossible some nights..... I blame slipper boy :wink::lol::lol::lol: I had a blue Ellie when I was a id, went everywhere with me..... xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    e010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gife010.gif

Lynn

Well if I'm awake this time of the morning that is nice to see

Sorry I have added to the thread,
  • joanlawson
    Options