Where are the long-lost??

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 14. Feb 2010, 19:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I wonder why some people who used to post regularly on the forum now seem to have disappeared :?: There are quite a few missing people who I would love to see back again.

I am left wondering why they have stopped posting. I worry that some might be ill, but maybe their lives have changed and they no longer have the time or the energy. Perhaps some were worried that they were becoming addicted and decided to go cold-turkey; but whatever the reason, I do wish they would come back :!:

So if you are reading this, and you know that you are one of the long-lost ones, please pop back to let us know how you are, even if it is only for one post.

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 11. Feb 2010, 14:56
    Options
    Same here Joan, where has debrarose and all the others gone, I know I had a few spats with her but I do miss her it's not the same on here without her or them. :cry:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have been on the forum a good few years now and there are so very many peeps that were very active on the forum at one time or other and then disappear. Sometimes some eventually return for a short time and then flit off again. I believe other things in their life take over/ they no longer feel the need to be on here so much, which in a way is good, work, family commitments, changes in their situation.

I pm a couple of people who do not post on the forum now or very rarely. Perhaps others do the same too.

At least they know the forum is here for them as and when they may need it and they will always receive a good welcome back.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi

Yes I agree with Elna I have one or two people I PM who no longer post.

Nothing has happened just life takes over. teh forums maybe get them through bad times and they are ok now.

Sometimes they might be suffering a bit but those usually reappear when they can.

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thank you, Elna and Toni. It is reassuring to know that some people are still in touch, even if they don't post for one reason or another. I suppose life changes and moves on for some, and then they no longer want to contribute to the forum. But we do miss them, don't we?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Yep Joan
    we do :(
    We'll manage with each other :)
    Love
    Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    You are right, Toni, we will manage, but sometimes it feels like a story which you were just enjoying, and then someone took the book away from you. There's quite a few books I would still like to be reading :!: :D
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    I know I don't post on here very often now but I still love you all & read a lot of your posts to see if you are all OK sorry for not writing much
    love Sue xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wulfstan,

I am a lot more recent than that but hi and welcome back :D Hope your doing ok? Take care Cris
  • joanlawson
    Options
    wulfstan wrote:
    Hi, It's been a looong looong time since I was on this forum, so long in fact i forgot my username and had to start with another!! :P

I saw the plaintive cry for long lost user friends and thought I would respond. Nobody on now will remember me, but I was in at the start of the forum all those years ago. :shock: This is just to say that I haven't forgotten the forums that gave me such support away back then. Maybe I'll make some new friends! :D

Wulfstan

Hi Wulfstan

I'm so glad that my plaintive cry has been heard by you, and welcome back to the forum :!: That was exactly the result I was hoping for when I posted the thread. I do hope that you will stay with us now, and I'm certain you will make new friends if you do.

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    queenfan wrote:
    I know I don't post on here very often now but I still love you all & read a lot of your posts to see if you are all OK sorry for not writing much
    love Sue xx

Hi Sue

It's nice to know that you still love us and read our posts. Maybe you will post more often now. I'm sure we would all like to hear from you.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Wulfstan

Welcome back! When did the forum start then? I have been a regular visitor since 2007.

Hope to hear more from you,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mellman01
    Options
    WHERE ARE YOU ALL THESE DAY’S I’M ALL ON ME OWN ON HERE! :cry: :?
  • mellman01
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Try soap. 8)

Hmmm funny you should say that delboy I was wondering if I had cyber B O!?. Is it me though or does it seem that everyone just walked out of the virtual room?
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I just got here - where's everyone? It's bitter cold and dark out there and it's only 2.30pm!

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I just got here - where's everyone? It's bitter cold and dark out there and it's only 2.30pm!

Annie

Hi Annie haven't got a clue it's like a ghost town, just the sound of the wind and the odd tummble weed rolling around in the foreground :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

Hi Annie haven't got a clue it's like a ghost town, just the sound of the wind and the odd tummble weed rolling around in the foreground :shock:

Sorry Mell, that might have been my tummy rumbling that you heard, but it proves you are not alone :!:
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    I was around a year or so ago, but all sorts have happened and I haven't posted for some time.

Still here though, still being knocked down by RA yet still working and hoping for a loooooong, HOT summer.

I've also noticed some missing posters, but I guess that's forums. :roll:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Fayrose,

I am so glad to see you :D Hope you are not so knocked down now? hey long hot summer sign me up for one too please :wink: It is nice to see you. Cris x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    fayrose wrote:
    I was around a year or so ago, but all sorts have happened and I haven't posted for some time.

Still here though, still being knocked down by RA yet still working and hoping for a loooooong, HOT summer.

I've also noticed some missing posters, but I guess that's forums. :roll:

I remember you Fayrose. It's nice to hear from you. and I hope the RA isn't knocking you down too much.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi can i put in a vote for long hot summer as well please would be lovely
    val
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Fayrose :D

Lovely to see you posting. At least you are still working. :) Good for you. I am still around on here, most days. :)

Love
    Elna x

• joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Wulfstan

Ic gretan þu, min freonds,

I assume that is Old English, which is lovely :!: I am very interested in language and literature, although I think you are much more of an expert than me.

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi

Making a guess; I greet you, my friends. An Old English way of saying Hi :!: :?:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    The English language mainly, although I have studied French at one time. My husband is a Classicist, so Latin and Greek are his strengths. Very useful for solving crossword clues :!: :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    wulfstan wrote:
    Try this one Joan,

Lif is anga ever siþfæt mid manig ever digel byre oð beon stælan þurh se wis feðegest.

Wulfstan

That's got me guessing :!: Something about life :?: