Forgetting meds.

Options
wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
If I forget to take my meds (sulpha, omeprazole and celebrex) in the morning, is it okay to take them at lunchtime or should I just miss that dose?

Lois

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lois,

I forget mine often and then take them when I remember if its before 2pm and then just take them later in the evening if that makes sense? Not sure how many hours apart they have to be but recon over 8 hr is safe enough. My next problem is actually remembering IF I took them :wink: I don't take them then in case I did...... Hope they are working for you though? Cris x
  • wibberley
    Options
    Hi Cris,

Glad I'm not the only forgetful one around here!

I was walking the dog yesterday morning when I realised I hadn't taken them after breakfast, then when I got home I promptly forgot again and before I knew it, it was 3pm and still hadn't swallowed any!

That 2pm rule of yours sounds good - will go by that in future!

Thanks,

Lois x
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Forgetful !!

I get half way up the stairs now, stop and then cannot remember if I am going up or down :)

Yes I forgot my meds this morning as well :( but remenbered to order a repeat prescription :)

Must try to remember to get them ready the night before, trouble is cannot remember where I put them.

take care and be well

Malc
    :):)
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    wibberley wrote:
    If I forget to take my meds (sulpha, omeprazole and celebrex) in the morning, is it okay to take them at lunchtime or should I just miss that dose?

Lois

Dear Lois

We would always say to check with a health professional. Your rheumatology department (do you have a rheumatology nurse that you could contact and check with?), GP or you can ask a pharmacist about what you should do under these circumstances as it is best to be safe when it comes to taking your medication. Setting yourself reminders for when you are to take your medication may be helpful, as has been suggested by some of the responses you have had to your posting. I hope that this response is helpful to you.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • wibberley
    Options
    Thanks Dawn, will check with my GP.

Thanks everyone else who replied - glad I'm not the only absent-minded one here!

Lois x
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi i think we all agree that we should remember to take our meds and really looking on the bright side :lol: we are all very bad at that, me too :lol: i tell you something i remember doing a few years ago, and at the time i felt really silly, anyway i was in town shopping and had parked the car and done my shopping and a good amount of window shopping as well, ( before "arthur " ) anyway i thoght its now time to go but could i remember where i parked the car and what car park, anyway i remember feeling really daft :oops: anyway i started heading off to where i had left it and could not find it and then i relised
    where i had parked it :oops: and was completley in the wrong place
    anyway i wont forget that in a hurry how silly i felt, but i guess we need lots of reminders even if its using our mobile or alarm clocks to remind us.

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif