Hi Everyone

Options
susanjanemoon
susanjanemoon Member Posts: 28
edited 20. Feb 2010, 17:42 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, Im Susan, I am 52 years old, have been married for nearly 35 years to Glyn. And we have two daughters Melanie (32) and Lisa who would have been 30 this year, but saddly died 14 years ago in August. I have Osteoarthritis in both knees (severe in the left knee) also my right ankle. I also have Diabetic Neuropathy in both feet, both hands, and my face. In the last 6 months my mobility has become difficult. I walk with two crutches because of the pain. I was awarded a blue badge in December which has been a god send. Although shopping is so difficult but thanks to my great hubby is possible... Any one else here got the same problems as me ? Susan xx

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Susan and welcome

I can't help with your OA 'cos I have inflammatory arthritis, but I am diabetic, too, and I have neuropathy in my feet and hands. I don't think it is as bad as yours, but I also have a deformed foot to add to the fun!

Come along in and have a look at the forums and join in wherever you see something interesting.......for a little fun and light relief try the Chit Chat zone, for more serious questions the Living With Arthritis forum.

Look forward to seeing you posting!

Love
    Annie
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Susan!
    welcome to the club! hope you enjoy being here...it's full of really nice folks so join in and feel free to post on any of the forums!

I have PsA and some OA . Can't answer your questions but there are bound to be other peeps along shortly who may and who will share their experiences.
    Iris x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Susan

A warm welcome from me.

I have some oa but also have ra and pa to add to my long list.
    We try to offer support to one another, if they are feeling down, or fed up when arthur pays a visit.

We also like to have a laugh too. We go to the CChat forum we have a cafe where you can have anything you would like to eat.

Well, I hope to see you post soon.

Trish xx
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Susan, and welcome, I dont have the same problems as you, mine is RA and OA, without the diabetes etc. There are loads of very kind and supportive people, whose knowledge is amazing!! you will definitely get help here. Look forward to seeing you on other forums, love Jay x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Susan

Welcome to the forum. :) I do hope you will join us on the other zones. This is a friendly, supportive, helpful place and I am quite addicted! I must be because I look in here most days and have done for the past 3 years. :D

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • chile168
    chile168 Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Hi Susan,

A very Warm Welcome to this site. :) People are friendly, supportive, honest and willing to share a wealth of experience including tips.

Also belated condolences and thank you for sharing Lisa with us as Im sure it's painful talking about her.

Im so glad you have a blue badge and I totally agree that they are a God send. I have only used crutches during operations but I have RA and it attacks all my joints. My hands swell up like balloons when I have had to use them and the pain in hands and wrist kill. I do occasionally have to use a wheelchair.

Hope to see you in other forums and I look forward to reading your posting. Take care xxxxxxx

Eve
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi susan,
    Welcome to this very friendly forum, I have OA in my knees and hips...well lots of places really, you are welcome to have a moan....we all understand...and come and have a laugh on the chit chat, hope to see you posting more very soon,
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marielys
    marielys Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Susan :-) welcome to this friendly site. I also suffer from OA in both knees and like you, the left knee hurts the most. Together with RA and Hashimoto's thyroiditis (an autoimmune disease).

My hubby has been doing the shopping for me, I no longer can carry more then 1 kg. I couldnt live without him :oops:

I hope you will enjoy our company, the ladies here are really very supportive and helpful. Before I started taking Mtx I had so many questions about this drug that it took me three weeks before I made the decision to go ahead and follow my rheumy's advice. Thanks to the support and experiences of the girls here. Although i still have side effects, I'm generally ok.

Take care :-)
    Marielys
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Susan,

A big welcome from me :) to the Community. I only recently joined my self and enjoy being part of it.

Hope to see you around on the forums.
    take care
    Malc
    :)
  • susanjanemoon
    Options
    Hi Thanks for your warm welcome. It is hard talk sometimes about Lisa, as I feel down enough with all my problems. Dont think the medication helps either on a cocktail of 22 tablets a day as well as 3 lots of insulin. Still I suppose Id be a whole lot worse with out them eh. Love Susan xx
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Susan,

A very Warm Welcome to this site. :) People are friendly, supportive, honest and willing to share a wealth of experience including tips.

Also belated condolences and thank you for sharing Lisa with us as Im sure it's painful talking about her.

Im so glad you have a blue badge and I totally agree that they are a God send. I have only used crutches during operations but I have RA and it attacks all my joints. My hands swell up like balloons when I have had to use them and the pain in hands and wrist kill. I do occasionally have to use a wheelchair.

Hope to see you in other forums and I look forward to reading your posting. Take care xxxxxxx

Eve
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Susan

Great to meet you :)

You are very welcome to the site :)

I look forward to seeing yo around and about on the forums - no need to ever feel alone her :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • susanjanemoon
    Options
    Hello, Im Susan, I am 52 years old, have been married for nearly 35 years to Glyn. And we have two daughters Melanie (32) and Lisa who would have been 30 this year, but saddly died 14 years ago in August. I have Osteoarthritis in both knees (severe in the left knee) also my right ankle. I also have Diabetic Neuropathy in both feet, both hands, and my face. In the last 6 months my mobility has become difficult. I walk with two crutches because of the pain. I was awarded a blue badge in December which has been a god send. Although shopping is so difficult but thanks to my great hubby is possible... Any one else here got the same problems as me ? Susan xx
    Been to Doctors today and as well as the above I now have been diagnosed with Arthritis in my Big Toe joint my wrists and Elbows and my left shoulder........Oh well sheer joy :lol:
  • chile168
    Options
    Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear you have now been told you have arthritis on wrists, elbows etc. I straight away thought of you having to use the crutches and hope you won't have as much pain as I do when I use them.

Just a thought, my rheumatologist said I should have been given crutches where I can lean my elbows rather than put pressure on my hands and wrists. Although it attacks my elbows is worse on hands. I thought I would let you know should you be having same difficulties.

Thank you hun for the update.

Lots of love xxxxxxx

Eve
  • susanjanemoon
    Options
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Susan,
    Hi Eve,
    Hmm true its a pain quite litteraly sometimes, my hands hurt so much. Its bad enough with the neuropathy, my fingers and palm go completely numb. I havent been able to wear my wedding ring for the last month, as my fingers have been so swollen. Trouble is I think people think that you exagerate about the pain because theres nothing to see. My ankle swells, and I creak like an old lady.
    Ohhhh makes you so fed up xxxx

Sorry to hear you have now been told you have arthritis on wrists, elbows etc. I straight away thought of you having to use the crutches and hope you won't have as much pain as I do when I use them.

Just a thought, my rheumatologist said I should have been given crutches where I can lean my elbows rather than put pressure on my hands and wrists. Although it attacks my elbows is worse on hands. I thought I would let you know should you be having same difficulties.

Thank you hun for the update.

Lots of love xxxxxxx

Eve
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

A big warm welcome from me too.

I hope that you find us a friendly lot.

Look forward to seeing you post on here

Trish xx
  • chile168
    Options
    Hi Susan,

I know what you mean hun. I creak so much my sister calls me Bubble Wrap lol.

Totally know what you mean by saying people think you are exaggerating. I had that problem yesterday with the bin men. I have assisted collection as I cannot take bins to the pavement and because they missed my bin I went out there and the guy said "you don't look disabled" I said the fact I don't have a limb missing doesn't mean Im not disabled and in any case I do not have to explain myself to you. I also had a similar response from my physio therapist who said "you seem to be walking better today as not in pain" angrily I told him that really annoys me and made it clear that he doesn't have x-ray eyes that can see or measure pain. He took the point on board.

I do hope they can provide you with more comfortable crutches hun.

Lots of love xxxxxx

Eve
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Oh no :(
    bet THAT made your day :( NOT!!!
    Wish you all the best - sorry am shaking my head in disbeleif at the moment :(
    Love
    Toni x
  • susanjanemoon
    Options
    chile168 wrote:
    Hi Susan

Just a thought, my rheumatologist said I should have been given crutches where I can lean my elbows rather than put pressure on my hands and wrists. Although it attacks my elbows is worse on hands. I thought I would let you know should you be having sam

Hi I do have difficulties using crutches sometimes, my hands hurt terribly. They go numb because of the Neuropathy and of course my wrists ache so much. But hey I suppose i shouldnt moan (too much)
    love susan x
  • chile168
    Options
    Hi Susan,

How are you doing hun? Been thinking of you and hope you are feeling a little better.

I have been really low with loads of back problems which hurt when I breathe but lucky for me, I am due to see rheumy nurse on Monday so hope to get strong pain killers and hope she can speak to the consultant to try and sort this out as soon as.

Lots of love x

Eve