mikes update

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 16. Feb 2010, 08:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi everyone , well today My son went to the Hospital to have markers put on his leg , foot, hip , and was asked to walk up and down so that video can be taken of him but just the bones could be seen walking , he had to walk over a pressure mat . it was called the gait lab and was in the childrens ward . boy has it changed , saw letters that some kids had written during there stay and they were sad , one girl was only nine and she was in for hip operation , another was seven and had infection in her bones from birth, makes you feel for these kids everyone there was so brave .

Hazel had seen a different gp and he has re reffered her to a new rheumy in Musgrave Park Hospital , she is having a rough time at the present

the surgeon has told me that he can do no more but just wait until I am old enough for hip replacement ,

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mike

Good to see you :):) You been busy I see?

Glad about Hazel's change of GP - hope it works out for her and she gets sorted by the rheumy :D

You gotta suffer in silence a while longer then?? did he say how long?? :shock:

I saw someone have that doen once Mike - it looks at all of yor gait and posture and assesss what is best to do to help....? If you'll pardon the pun - a step in the right direction :wink:

Yes it is sad isn't it? We go to Birmingham children's hospital and that place makes me sad too :( At least we have our kids eh?

Yo take care

Love
    to Hazel

Toni x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hi Mike and Hazel

Just wanted to echo Toni's words and let you know I always come on and read your updates, even though I don't always reply.

We're all right behind you and your family

Nx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi Mike
    Good to see you again, I do hope that Hazel gets some relief very soon, It seem such a shame that they will make you wait till you are older....never understood this, and I hope your son gets the treatment he needs, sounds like he is in good hands.
    Best Wishes
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,534
    Missed you of late Mike. Sorry you're still waiting for the op' but I know they wont do it until you are ready.
  • mike77
    ninakang wrote:
    Hi Mike and Hazel

Just wanted to echo Toni's words and let you know I always come on and read your updates, even though I don't always reply.

We're all right behind you and your family

Nx
    Thank you for reading my post and saying hello, this is a very good site for information.

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    hi mike,
    things sound like they are getting better.
    i'm glad hazels getting referred and mike jr sounds like the hospital are trying to help. at last!
    take care
    sue
  • mike77
    :D:D:D:D I am so glad that my son is going to get his foot fixed , was stunned yesterday when They did the Gait test it showed that his other foot showed the same signs , but it is the right foot that the surgeon is looking at. she said we will get word for the date of the operation . I am pleased for Hazel that she is going to get a new rheumy , it hard to see her in agony( hope I spelt it right ) the Hospital mike attends , the people there are so good towards the kids they take time to explain to them and the parents what is going on.

I would like someone to answer a question I have . I had a shower and the water coming from the hose was hurting my leg and thigh on the right the left was sore but not as much as the right thigh , does anyone else have this happen to them????

also when I am sitting down and reach to pick anything up I get a great big sharp pain that nearely paralizies me ( but does not thank god) I have told the gp about this but she says its the OA doing it ( they blame oa on everything now )

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    Hi Mike

Goood that they explain it all so well to you about Mike :):) Parents have to sign for the op and it is a big responsibility for us isn't it :?: Lets hope the op on the one foot prevents the other from getting worse eh :)

You'll have to let us know when Hazel sees the new rheumy how she gets on :)

I have bursitsi in the rt hip and the water from the shower can hurt that. Is it similar?? A bit like being kicked by a horse and also hurts if I sit too long specially on hard seats...

Love

Toni x