Feeling down? Eat chips

livinglegend
livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
edited 16. Feb 2010, 16:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's official: if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps, then filling your face with chips will cheer you up, according to boffins at Aston University’s School of Life and Health Sciences.

During research they found that the half of a test group that were given chips, reported "a 10 and 13 per cent increase in calmness and cheerfulness respectively" as well as an "eight per cent decrease in anxiety after eating chips".

Chips all round folks. They're veggies, good for you.

Joseph 8)
Josephm0310.gif

Comments

• bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    oh goody double portion for me xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Wow Joseph, I wonder how much money went into that research,

just to tell us that eating comfort food makes us feel better.

See you at the chippie!!
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Followed by a chocolate

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Joseph :)

Yes please :)

Can I have a huge dollop of mayo on mine please :D

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Wow Joseph a reason to eat nice food and with Nina can I have chocolate to follow as well please :wink: Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    skezier wrote:
    Wow Joseph a reason to eat nice food and with Nina can I have chocolate to follow as well please :wink: Cris x

You can have mine
    If I can have your mayo...??
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Cooked chipped potatoes give off aromas including butterscotch.

People drawn to the smell of a chip shop are being attracted by complex aromas including butterscotch, onion and ironing boards, scientists believe.

Food scientists at the University of Leeds unravelled the smell of the chip shop in the laboratory as well as using human noses to separate the aromas.

Dr Graham Clayton, who led the research, said that however they were cooked, chips had a complex aroma.

He said chip scents could be treated like wine aromas in the future.

The team of scientists broke down the smell into components using a process known as gas chromatography mass spectrometry.
    [/i]

So there you are :!: :!: It's all down to the aroma :!: But ironing boards :?: That would be enough to make me depressed, not happy. But chips are the new fine wines, evidently :!: :D

I must say that there are times when only a plate of chips can really hit the spot :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif