Help please..

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 19. Feb 2010, 14:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I have OA in my hips knees and back, so I thought, for some reason I have not had much pain for around 4 days, this is very unusual.
To cut a long story short, I can hardly put my feet on the floor with the pain , it seem to be going stright through me.
I am also burning up, my GP is sending me for blood test for RA, I am really scared now, I was doing so well.
Sorry about all this moaning, will RA show up right away in the blood test.
Love
Barbara

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

First sorry you have all this pain and a ((( ))) for you. The bloods show somethings but not all by long way. There are many types and not all have the rf high. I think the inflamation markers are often more telling and well I really hope they can get you sorted out soon. Have they given you anything to help with the additional pain? Sometimes oa comes and goes as well so its sadly a waiting game while they try and sort out hats going on there. I wonder re they sending you to see a Rumo or further x-rays and tests? Cris x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    Thankyou so much for your reply, I had just got my pain under control, then this, I thought it may be a flare up, but for some reason my wrist and hands are also painful.
    He has given me a higher dose of tramadol, they dont half make me feel sick.
    Thankyou again Chrisx
    Love
    Barbara
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

I had terrible problems with foot pain over Xmas. Rheumy told me to put them in water as cold as I could bear to get the heat down.

Not pleasant, but it did help, especially just before bedtime.

Lois x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

I might be wrong here but i think you might be better on an anti-inflammatory as well as the tramadol. If your feeling very sick ask for an anti-emetic as well. Is it just your gp seeing you? He might be waiting for the blood results to come back but I think maybe you could ask to be seen by a Rumo as they have the expertise to determine you have oa or something else coming in as well.

Mine only shows high inflamation makers really but the clinical signs etc make it pa and well it does sort of sound like a flare up of something. My o never did that to me in the way the pa does but it can s don't go into all out panic mode just yet flower. Hang in there and when do you next see the gp? I would ask to be seen by the rumo dept asap actually, but I say that cus I have no real faith in gp's cus of mine :wink: Sending you a ((( ))) and as Lois said sometimes hot or cold water or bottles or weatbags can help. I really hope you soon start to feel much better. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Barbara

You poor thing :(

My bloods have always been negative as far as I know but the rheumy calls it RA anyway. pOSItive bloods is only part of diagnosis a good rheumy should look at all of your symp[toms. Hopefully the Gp will refer you there either way.

I do hope you feel better very very soon.

Lots of love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Chris Lois and Toni,
    Thankyou for your advice, Chris I know what you mean about GPS mine is really hard work, I will go back when my blood test are due and ask to be refeered to a rhemy, I wouldnt care but I have only been to my gp 3times in 6years so I dont really bother him.
    Lois i have my feet in cold water has we speak.
    Toni thankyou I will try and get reffered to a rhemy.
    Sorry for the moan, you are all so kind.
    Love Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Barbara

You poor thing :(

Hope the water is helping - I find ice packs best for me. take paracetamol to get your temp down. The pain does go right through you.

Good luck and keep talking - we will do out best to get you through it
    Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Barbara

I am so sorry to read your thread. Like Cris says it does sound as if inflammation is running riot around your body at the moment and I would have thought that anti inflams may help to calm some of that down. Perhaps you are already taking them.....

I have heard that RA does not necessarily show up in a blood test and it is a rheumy that will be able to arrive at a decision whether it shows in your bloods or not.

As I understand it you can get OA flares, big time so perhaps that is what you are unfortunately experiencing now. You do have so much going on in your life and stress and all that goes with that, will not be helping your health issues.

Please do not apologise to us, Barbara, for anything, that is what we are here for, to try to help and support you.

Lots of love and very gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Barbara, so sorry I'm a bit late on this one. You do seem to have a flare of something and it sounds very similar to mine. I can't take ice or anything very cold, I find cool works best with me and often sit with my feet in cool water.

Have you got what I call the 'Brighton Beach' effect? My feet feel as if I'm walking on hard pebbles wearing very tight socks..........actually my hubby named it that when I was trying to describe it to him one day!

Annie
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello Elna,
    Thankyou you are so kind.
    I don'y normally panic, and I am good at dealing with the pain, but I really feel that there is somthing not quite right.
    This morning my OH made me go to my GPhas you know I don't like going one bit.
    Anyway he is sending me for blood test, and when I saw RA on the blood form, it did scare me .
    But what will be will be, I will have to deal with it
    PS it has took my mind of my hip replacement
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Annie,
    Thankyou, I am not sure what is going on, like I say i do not go to my GPS normally, but I had know choice today me and my big mouth saying i was better then I had been in ages.
    You did warm me Annie.......
    The pain has gone right through me and I was burning up, it is the first time my wrist and finger have been sore, and my feet come to that...your right about the pebbles, trouble is I don't have the view to go with it.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Barbara ((( )))

I'm a bit late seeing this Barbara and am so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment. I am with you on the avoiding the doc. thing so know you must have been really struggling today!. I can't advise but do hope this particular episode soon eases and that you do get some answers from the doc visit and blood tests.
    Do let us know how things go, I will be thinking of you.

Chris
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    barbera sorry so late getting to this had something similar the other week could not stand the bed clothes on my legs they were so painfull . but it will get better keep with the pain meds . they will check for ra they always do just to try to rule it out i have oa with inflimation arther thrown in so i found out the other day they do not like giving you the names sure they think it will scare us lol instead of letting us find out more and how to cope with it. good luck sure things will get sorted you do need some anti inflamitory tabs
    val
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    I'm so sorry you're having a difficult and painful time and I hope your doc gets to the bottom of it soon.

Try not to worry too much.....hopefully it will pass with the right meds.
    big hugs. take care and hope you get some restful sleep tonight. Irisxx
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this pain its very painful isnt it? I rember it very well .. i thought id actually broken my foot i couldnt put any weight on, i couldnt even have a teatowl over it the pain was that intense. Unfortunatly i do have RA and have now got a damaged foot that likes to remind me every week that its damaged and hurts!

What i did was literally kept it off the floor, took my pain relief and it will ease of eventually .. it took my foot about a week togo down.

I really hope you feel better soon

xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    And a big thankyou for your support, I have been in hospital, since I was last on, with an infected ankle, they put me on iv antibiotics, and drained it.
    They also found out that the pain in my back is nerve pain, they can opperate if it gets any worse.
    Anyway I feel so much better, I have to carry on with the antibiotics for a couple of weeks.
    Thankyou again
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Barbara :)

I am sorry to hear that you have been in hospital but sounds like it was the best place for you. You received the treatment you needed for your ankle and also found out more about the pain in your back and that something can be done for you if it worsens.

Thanks for letting us know. Carry on with the antibiotics and I sincerely hope that you have a pleasant weekend. :) You so deserve it. :)

Lots of love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Phew, yes, Barbara, thanks for letting us know what happened! Poor you, what a thing to happen!

I saw you'd been having probs on the cafe thread and came all over alike on it.............put it down to my current problems as well, I'm only firing on two cylinders at the moment.

Hopefully things will be OK from now on, but be wary.......be very wary.......

Annie
    xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Barbara i hope you are well on the mend again , and feeling more comfy xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Good to see you back Barbara.

Thanks for letting us know and glad you feel able to keep us posted. Do hope you are feeling much better soon.
    take care
    Chris
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

Sorry to read you have been in hospital but hope they have sorted you out now and the antibiotics will carry on doing their job. ((( ))) Cris x