hello

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 16. Feb 2010, 15:31 in Say Hello Archive
i just joined i am 49 and have osteoathritis in both knees.
i have had oa for about 3 or so years, not much fun some days i used to be alot more active and as most people just get on with things and be very independant but now i have to always think how am i going to do this always trying to find new ways of doing things, i have to do as much as i can sitting down and just learn to live within my limits which is not easy, i dont like asking for help but i am having to realise that i just have to and thats that, anyway i guess we are all in the same boat.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to the forum :D There are many of us on here with oa in both knees so we do understand the difficulties, pain and general frustration of not being able to do what we used to without even thinkng about it. :roll: :) Likewise many of us find it difficult to ask for help. Over the past few weeks there has been a little flurry of Total Knee Replacement ops taking place and we have been supporting each other and I know of a couple of peeps who are waiting for an op date. Please do join us on the other forums.
    We look forward to hearing more from you :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Only49, (Welcome)

So I am but sadly only for a few more weeks :shock:
    Sorry you have had to join us, but hope you find it a supportive place to call in, do ask any questions people will help if they can and send a hug if they can't. We like to have a laugh on chit chat too, hope you will join us there.
    I have OA in hips and knees, but am lucky to still be coping with part time jobs at the moment. Hope you find a treatment that helps and keeps the pain at bay.
    Hope to see you posting again soon.
    take care
    Chris