Just a quick question

moonseed
moonseed Member Posts: 289
edited 16. Feb 2010, 15:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone got problems with their post?
Are they on a go slow or something that we have not been told about or I have missed somewhere along the line.

My OH has been expecting post for days now and still nothing. It has also been getting later and later.

Our one and only delivery now arrives at 1.30 pm.

Just trying to find out if this is a local problem or across the Country.

Thanks,
Steph

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ours is ok Steph....
    I think it might be worth checking yours out with the sorting office - maybe someone's on holiday????

Oh yes and get in the caf Berty's whipping up pancakes :wink:
    Toni x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I think the word sporadic sums up the poor old post office these days, we have various problems here, my biggest bug bear is the stand in posti 's leaving parcels at my front door with a note in the post box stating sigend by postman, we have had several orders never turn up here, I've even found orders from Amazon worth quite a few pounds just sat outside the front door.
    I wonder if the ones we never had come through were half inched by some spotty Herbert passing by.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hi Stef
    yes i am waiting for post havent had any for 2 days, where do you live? im west london.
    maybe they all gone somewhere sunny :lol:
  • moonseed
    page35 wrote:
    Hi Stef
    yes i am waiting for post havent had any for 2 days, where do you live? im west london.
    maybe they all gone somewhere sunny :lol:

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. It seems to be West London then. I am in Richmond. We haven't had any for 2 days either.

I know there was a bit of a dispute 'cos I speak to the postman when I can catch him. The sorting office I cannot get any reply from.

Thanks again.
    Steph
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Well i hope they sort it out soon, its my sons birthday next week.
    i dont mind if we dont get the electric and gas bill though :lol:
    sorry i spelt your name wrong on last post :oops:
  • moonseed
    mellman01 wrote:
    I think the word sporadic sums up the poor old post office these days, we have various problems here, my biggest bug bear is the stand in posti 's leaving parcels at my front door with a note in the post box stating sigend by postman, we have had several orders never turn up here, I've even found orders from Amazon worth quite a few pounds just sat outside the front door.
    I wonder if the ones we never had come through were half inched by some spotty Herbert passing by.

More than likely. There's a lot of stuff left on doorsteps that go missing.
    I think some kids make a business out of it!
    Steph
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    There was a documentary the other week about the sorting offices in London.

Didn't come across very well at all. Thefts, packages left just anywhere. Envelope torn open, especially birthday cards etc.

We don't have any problems here and Paul our postman is a wonderful guy. Love him to bits. We exchange Christmas cards, and he pops in when he's finished for his daily cuppa. Also, the guys down the sorting office here are extremely helpful.

Joy
  • moonseed
    Do you live on the moon?
    Steph