Hot, Hot, Hot!

Options
moonseed
moonseed Member Posts: 289
edited 19. Feb 2010, 05:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone reading this.
I wonder if you can help on this one?

I am permanently HOT. It's like having a low grade fever all the time.
I have been through the menopause and out the other side so am sure
it isn't that.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, do you know why and what causes it?
Also is it RA, OA or both?

I also suffer extreme fatigue.

Is any of this "normal" with arthritis or do you think it could be something else un-related?

Thanks a bundle in anticipation before I internally combust.
Regards Steph x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Now Steph!

It's COLD!!!

Seriously though I think it's to doi with the RA - so i am told - low grade temperature. Think it's more likely when we are flaring too.

Hope you fel better soon - Oh I just take paracetamol to keep temp down if all else is well. (not as well as co-cos though - no overdosing :wink: )

Love

Toni xx
  • moonseed
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    I get hot flushes as a side effect of blood pressure medication and often am hot when I have a flare up.
    Hi Delboy,
    That side effect of blood pressure meds doesn't sound too good to me Del.
    As for the flare ups, how long do they last on average?
    All I know is that I have been feeling very "down" and very, very hot and in a lot of pain for the last 2/3 weeks.
    Does that sound about right to you?
    Steph x
  • moonseed
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Now Steph!

It's COLD!!!

Seriously though I think it's to doi with the RA - so i am told - low grade temperature. Think it's more likely when we are flaring too.

Hope you fel better soon - Oh I just take paracetamol to keep temp down if all else is well. (not as well as co-cos though - no overdosing :wink: )

Love

Toni xx

Hello Toni,

So my OH keeps telling me!!! I have to keep going outside in my boob tube and floaty skirt and hope there's a cold wind blowing!
    Meanwhile he's sitting there with two jumpers, two pairs of trousers, a hat and a scarf AND and blanket watching the TV and glaring at me!!

What happens if you overdose on Co-cos then?????
    And how many can I take. I've got to DO something before I end up a puddle on the floor!
    Love Stephj x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    have suffered from cold feet all my life the one good thing arther has given me is warm feet lol always trying to find cold bit of bed to put them instead of putting them on oh lol
    val
  • bellini
    bellini Member Posts: 42
    Options
    moonseed wrote:
    Hi everyone reading this.
    I wonder if you can help on this one?

I am permanently HOT. It's like having a low grade fever all the time.
    I have been through the menopause and out the other side so am sure
    it isn't that.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, do you know why and what causes it?
    Also is it RA, OA or both?

I also suffer extreme fatigue.

Hi Moonseed, I experience being quite cold daytime and very hot in the evenings - I put that down to hormones. Fatigue is the symptom I battle every day and I work my day round it by resting in bed first thing with a cuppa (around 7am) I get up roughly 9 to 9.30 earlier if I have to be out somewhere. I seem to cope okay from then until just after tea time . I find myself about 8ish going to lay on top of my bed with my Vpillow, this pillow gives good support and help you to relax. I must say I sleep well. Just a point, I have recently been diagnosed as anemic - symptoms of which is tiredness. Might be worth a chat to your doc.

best wishes
    cassie

Hi

Is any of this "normal" with arthritis or do you think it could be something else un-related?

Thanks a bundle in anticipation before I internally combust.
    Regards Steph x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Steph,

I think it's due to the RA when it's not under control. I used to get night sweats (which are different to hot flushes) alot in the beginning, but must admit they weren't constant like your are. Maybe you should talk to your GP about it to see if they can help.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • moonseed
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help.
    I think I will just have to go and see my GP like many of you have suggested.
    Steph
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Steph.

Like Linda says, it does sound like RA is flaring up a bit

Are you on steroids at all? They can make you hot.

Are you drinking enough water.

Good idea to see the doctor.

I was on the menopause when this PA started up. I was going through a long period thinking it was still the meno, when in fact it was PA flare up.
    ((()))) from Joy.
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Hello
    I have RA and know what you mean. When I am in flare I am constantly hot while all my family go mad because I open the windows and its -2 outside :lol: Unfortunatley I am in constant flare at the minute so often very hot. :roll:

My doc said its because when Im in pain my blood pressure is a bit higher than normal (usually perfect) and that causes the body to overheat a bit.

It doesnt really help you but at least you know youre not alone on this xx

Theresa x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I'm always hot. My family joke that I'm going through the menopause but I'm only 21! However, oddly enough, my feet are always like ice blocks. I also get the debiliating fatigue. I was told it's very common.

I'm glad you're going to your GP, it sounds like a good idea.