oops

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 17. Feb 2010, 17:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok rhummy said get eyes tested every year . doc said do not forget to get eyes tested. went back yesterday and doc says you have not had eyes done yet well was not due for test till later in year lol so did not think it important to get it done before then or sure one of them would have said they need doing now lol. but guess what they need doing now if one of them had said would have made app in dec but they did not tell me just make sure they get done every year, oh well app. made for monday.next question got to have bloods done the one where you can not eat from 10pm till you have it done what if you need pain meds can you take them ????? and can you drink water should have asked but did not think till after lol.
val

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Can you phone and ask Val, then you'd be sure of what to do?

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

I'm with Legs there ring and ask them. I had the same thing with some bloods (they keep thinking I am diabetic but though the easy test said I might be the bloods have never agreed :wink: ) and I took my tablets before 10 and then had nothing to eat r drink. My tablets are good for 12 hours though. I hope you can find out. Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I think the best thing to do is to ask, as the others said.

When I had a fasting blood test, they let me take my medication with water, but you my be different, and so its best to ask, it would be awful to get there and find that you had to put off the test!!!
    Good Luck, love Sue
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Yep, being diabetic I have a fasting test 4 times a year.......I can always take my meds with water the evening/night before. It's really strange how details are different across the country, mine is a 14 hour fast, so I'd be in difficulties if I couldn't take the meds.

Annie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Think it's ok to take meds Val but only with water.
    Good luck
    Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thanks will phone and check so know what they want it just pain meds might need in the night do sometimes lol
    val