tough day

Options
salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
edited 17. Feb 2010, 18:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
for some reason felt really down today. Saw my consultant this evening he gave me a shot of steroids to boost me up a bit and so I can cut down on oral steroids. Guess the reality of living with this disease really got to me today. I keep hoping it will go but it doesn't show any signs of departing, if anything it is getting worse. Got the OT coming later in the week but feel fraudulent as lots of people are worse than me. I feel so tired all the time but the rheumy says that's probably the arthritis. To cap it all off the check-out girl at the supermarket told me I've been looking really drained lately. Thanks!
On the flip side, I walked into a Pret and the guy serving asked me how I was. Replied 'don't ask, I'm having a horrible day but I'd like a hot chocolate' and he gave me one on the house! I was touched. I guess there are a lot of kind people out there.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sally,

Sorry you have had a tough day, sometimes they get like that eh? I hope you will feel a lot better soon and sending you a ((( ))) Cris x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sally,

you've been having a tough time of it so it's no surprise you are feeling a bit down. ....and coming to terms with the reality of arther is psychologically draining too..

please don't be so hard on yourself! you are just as deserving of OT services as anyone else and if it helps you with aids or ways of managing arther then it's well worth the visit.

I'm glad that the guy in Pret was so nice.... one small kindness can change our view of the world when we're having a bad day!
    hope tomorrow is better for you. lol Irisx
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hello Sally,
    Sorry you've had a lousy time today .... except for the guy in Pret - God bless him. Accept the help from OT and don't think twice about it - they wouldn't offer it if they didn't think it necessary or you weren't entitled to it. Yes, there may be people worse off than you but you're just as important. These people are there to help you cope when the chips are down - you will probably not need all the stuff all of the time (I don't) but it's handy to have for those times you do.

Hope you enjoyed the hot chocolate! Was he too young for ME do you think?

Dolittle
  • salamander
    Options
    Thanks guys. You are right. I always underestimate the effect of things, expecting myself to go on regardless. Next week we are all going to plant a tree on my Mum's grave and that is really upsetting me too. It just all seems too much to deal with but thanks for your support.
    x
  • salamander
    Options
    dolittle wrote:
    Hello Sally,
    Sorry you've had a lousy time today .... except for the guy in Pret - God bless him. Accept the help from OT and don't think twice about it - they wouldn't offer it if they didn't think it necessary or you weren't entitled to it. Yes, there may be people worse off than you but you're just as important. These people are there to help you cope when the chips are down - you will probably not need all the stuff all of the time (I don't) but it's handy to have for those times you do.

Hope you enjoyed the hot chocolate! Was he too young for ME do you think?

Dolittle

depends how young you want to go :)
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Sorry you are having a tough day, Sally....for some reason I find they pop up when I'm least expecting it!

It's just not a good winter overall this year...........I hope the tree planting goes well and that watching it grow gives you hope.

Annie
  • salamander
    Options
    Thanks Annie. I think this long winter has taken its toll on all of us. I long for spring. Perhaps I'll feel better when the drugs kick in.
    xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    sally36 wrote:
    Thanks guys. You are right. I always underestimate the effect of things, expecting myself to go on regardless. Next week we are all going to plant a tree on my Mum's grave and that is really upsetting me too. It just all seems too much to deal with but thanks for your support.
    x

Hi Sally

You ahve had a lot on haven;'t you?

I wish you all the best for the flower planting. You will be glad you were there.
    Love
    Toni xx
  • salamander
    Options
    Thanks Toni, yes I will be glad but I feel really sad about it at the moment.