Back to Work

Options
annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 19. Feb 2010, 16:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
On Monday I went back to work after being off for 14 months. I am self employed but I am working for a large american investment bank. I had done some work for them before so it hasn't been too much of a shock and I know the systems.

My legs are really really sore think it's a combination of sitting working, walking to work and confession time getting my heels back on. In a past life it would have been a 15 minute walk but t now takes 30-40 mins, I was thinking of driving but it would take longer with rush hour traffic and the one way system. And the heels well a skirt suit doesn't look right without them I only wore them in the office and had flats for when I was working.

It's hard trying to get into a routine and be back to work full time but it had to be done as we have been living off savings for 14 months. Mentally I am enjoying the challenge but my body isn't!

Just thought I would give you all an update.

Loe Anne x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    even if you were fighting fit would take you a while to get back into the swing of it so be kind to yourself and rest when you can . will forgive you the heals skirts do look better with them good luck well done getting back to it
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    Good luck, I hope that all goes well. It will be tiring for you and a bit of a struggle at first, even if you didn't have arthritis. Also you'r bound to feel a bit of stress and that will tire you.

Congratulations on making a start!

Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Glad to read your coping with it to some degree and as the others have said it would take a min or two to get back into the swing of it even if you were A1 fit. Heels...... I couldn't but thankfully they would be no good here :wink: I hope your body gets used to it again soon. Luv Cris x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    It's great you're back at work but do give yourself several weeks to settle back in. I've been back since before Christmas and am loving it but am still not up to full time yet. Best of luck, rita :)
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Anne, as everyone says, it will take you a while to get back into things so don't be too hard on yourself. I've got to get back into my studio after about 8 months and am finding it hard. I'm tired by the time I get there these days :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Anne

Well done you :)

I know it has hurt but if the others are right - once you have got into the swing of it...???

I reckon you should ditch the heels girl and get some sexy flatties - that would really help.

You take it steady :)

Love

Toni xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Anne

I was wondering how you were getting on and have just seen this. Thanks for letting us know. Glad you are enjoying being back, but yes it must be tiring for you. Hope you are resting those legs in the evenings and looking after yourself. The first week will be a bit of the shock to the system but do hope all goes well for you.
    take care
    Chris
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Well that's my first week over. I am knackered!

I am enjoying the mental challenge the physical will take a whileo to get used to. The hardest part is trying to take it easy at night and not run about trying to catch up. OH is always giving me into trouble for this.

anne
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi Anne,

Well done. Rest up now. Take it steady and don't overdo it, d'y hear! Heels!!!! I've given all mine away - not a hope of ever wearing them again.

Still, I'm a frumpy old biddy now and can get away with wearing anything.
    Best wishes to you,
    Dolittle